Serene Horizon for Diversion from Touch The Universe (Over 270 Presets) - Available Now!

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

since only few people are commenting on the sounds, here are my thoughts: lovely demos and i'm really looking forward to the release of this soundset :tu: . i only hope that the pads are not too cpu-consuming...when??

Have been keeping up with this thread since its inception and am looking forward to the release as well.
So, as Gosh already asked. When? :)
Last edited by Ridan on Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hey guys! Thanks for following up on this thread :) The release of the soundbank and the website will be very, very soon. If everything goes smoothly, it will be released within 24 hours :D In the meantime I can share that it will have over 270+ patches, and will cost 22$. Since this is the first bank released under Touch The Universe Productions, I wanted to make it special and include a lot of content and value for the price (nearly double the amount of a full bank). In a short while, I'll add a link to my website for the Serene Horizon page that will include the paypal check-out option. Cheers!
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Great. Will there be a free demo to test out before buying?

Ridan wrote:Great. Will there be a free demo to test out before buying?
Good question. I haven't planned to include anything like that yet, but will put that on my do to list. If I do add a free demo, it might be a few days from now. First, I'd like to finalize everything else. Cheers, and thanks for your interest, Ridan!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote:Hey guys! Thanks for following up on this thread :) The release of the soundbank and the website will be very, very soon. If everything goes smoothly, it will be released within 24 hours :D In the meantime I can share that it will have over 270+ patches, and will cost 22$. Since this is the first bank released under Touch The Universe Productions, I wanted to make it special and include a lot of content and value for the price (nearly double the amount of a full bank). In a short while, I'll add a link to my website for the Serene Horizon page that will include the paypal check-out option. Cheers!
thanks for the update. i'm looking forward to the release :tu:

Hey guys, after a small issue with the web server, the website is finished and the sound bank is complete! Everything is ready to go, but will wait to post the link until tomorrow, after a good night's rest. This way, I will be able available to respond immediately to questions or fix anything that pops up. Be on the lookout for sometime tomorrow! cheers :D

TTU Youtube

Okay guys, after quite a long road, I'm very excited to announce that the soundbank is being officially released :party:

Here is the url : http://www.touch-the-universe.com/diver ... dbank.html

Everything is automated but feel free to contact me for any reason via my email:

tj.ivory@touch-the-universe.com

TTU Youtube

Good luck with your first release then! :tu:

Thanks a lot Simon! Yeah, I'm really excited about it and feel really good about how well the sound bank turned out :party: It really does sound gorgeous :D

Right now, I'm still working on two demo songs for the sound bank that will be made entirely from the patches from the set to showcase how the presets sound in song form, which I also think is a good idea (apart from single patch streams).
I'll also be making some videos going through the patches and a much shorter official one with some nice visuals. So if anyone was keeping an eye on this thread, feel free to check back often. Cheers :)

TTU Youtube

Hey guys, though I'd post some details about the bank while I'm working on the videos and final audio showcases. Here's the patch layout:

.......::::::: 281 Patches :::::::.......

20x Ambient Soundscapes
22x Arps
32x Basses
24x Drums
23x Gate & Sequence
33x Keys
35x Leads
37x Pads
30x Plucks
27x Vocal

.......::::::: Patch Details :::::::.......

Nearly all of the patches are assigned to the Master Morph section for enhanced playability and tweakability. The pads and atmosphere don't take too much cpu (no where near what you might expect from diversion) because they went through the cpu saving feature of streaming the oscillator to wave and imported back into itself. This saves a lot of cpu!!

More videos and audio showcases incoming :D

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote:The pads and atmosphere don't take too much cpu (no where near what you might expect from diversion) because they went through the cpu saving feature of streaming the oscillator to wave and imported back into itself. This saves a lot of cpu!!
Yeah but then you have static waveforms - part of the greatness of Diversion is that the oscillators generate sounds in real-time so you don't get degradation of the sound quality at high frequencies or aliasing. I would suggest an eco version of those patches that uses the samples for sketching out a production, but a HQ version using the original oscs for bouncing down.

aMUSEd wrote:
Touch The Universe wrote:The pads and atmosphere don't take too much cpu (no where near what you might expect from diversion) because they went through the cpu saving feature of streaming the oscillator to wave and imported back into itself. This saves a lot of cpu!!
Yeah but then you have static waveforms - part of the greatness of Diversion is that the oscillators generate sounds in real-time so you don't get degradation of the sound quality at high frequencies or aliasing. I would suggest an eco version of those patches that uses the samples for sketching out a production, but a HQ version using the original oscs for bouncing down.
This thought occurred to me as well but I decided to go with the patch versions that use less cpu. Not all the patches needed to be streamed, but one's that did, ate up almost all of my cpu (with all the fx, and modulations turned off). Like I said earlier, there are pluses and minuses to doing it this way and chose the one where I thought the benefits of using massively less cpu would outweigh the aliasing. Your point is solid, but with pads, generally they aren't played in the lower or even upper octaves as much. I chose the c4 and c5 key to stream (depending on the pad), so it is already pretty high up there, but was chosen to sound best in the targeted range the patch was created. That is a major selling point of this synth, that I was able to take extremely lush sounding oscillators that some gorgeous, but max out the system, and preserve there beauty while reducing there cpu. On top of that, a lot of modulations, fx, and other filters were applied (which couldn't be applied on some patches before the osc's were streamed). Thus taking Diversion further and to its limit. The point you make is solid however, but would you really want a patch that would eat up all your system, or one that sounds the same within there usual targeted range? I have the original versions of the patches before they were steamed that I am willing to share as well for those of you interested in them. Thanks for bringing this issue up aMUSED and I hope I was able to point out the benefits of doing it this way, while also acknowledging the validity of keeping the osc in the oscs in there original form (while taking the cpu hit).

If there is a patch you want the oscillators in there pre-streamed form please send me your email that you used at paypal and I will send you the patches.

Cheers,

Tim

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
This thought occurred to me as well but I decided to go with the patch versions that use less cpu. Not all the patches needed to be streamed, but one's that did, ate up almost all of my cpu (with all the fx, and modulations turned off). Like I said earlier, there are pluses and minuses to doing it this way and chose the one where I thought the benefits of using massively less cpu would outweigh the aliasing. Your point is solid, but with pads, generally they aren't played in the lower or even upper octaves as much. I chose the c4 and c5 key to stream (depending on the pad), so it is already pretty high up there, but was chosen to sound best in the targeted range the patch was created. That is a major selling point of this synth, that I was able to take extremely lush sounding oscillators that some gorgeous, but max out the system, and preserve there beauty while reducing there cpu. On top of that, a lot of modulations, fx, and other filters were applied (which couldn't be applied on some patches before the osc's were streamed). Thus taking Diversion further and to its limit. The point you make is solid however, but would you really want a patch that would eat up all your system, or one that sounds the same within there usual targeted range? I have the original versions of the patches before they were steamed that I am willing to share as well for those of you interested in them. Thanks for bringing this issue up aMUSED and I hope I was able to point out the benefits of doing it this way, while also acknowledging the validity of keeping the osc in the oscs in there original form (while taking the cpu hit).

If there is a patch you want the oscillators in there pre-streamed form please send me your email that you used at paypal and I will send you the patches.

Cheers,

Tim
No problem, I get why you did it, however don't forget that none of the CPU hit matters when rendering down offline, so having both versions - an eco and full - for those patches would still be useful to me and I would expect others too.

Okay, will do! I will have to think of a way to organize things, but that shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for your suggestion :D

I have narrowed the melody selection for the videos and will start recording tonight. I am also making a developer account here to release the news, but would like to read up on that process a little more before I send the the item in. For instance, would anyone happen to know if I could add a video to an already featured item, or once it's submitted is there now editing it further?

On a side note, I've been in contact with Dmitry a lot and it seems he has a lot planned for Diversion, so more updates will be incoming for sure. He is also highly responsive and listens to request, so if anyone has future suggestions, I highly recommend emailing him. I made a request for right click to assign modulation destinations, and they were included in the next update!! Cheers,

Tim

TTU Youtube

Return to “Soundware”