Drone Machines for Aalto - updated to 130 presets and NKS compatibility (free/donation)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is the update for already buyers free to the 105 patches ?

MillerSam wrote:Is the update for already buyers free to the 105 patches ?
The additional patches all went into the free demo bank so you can download them from here - saves me having to send lots of updater emails and means everyone gets to try them

aMUSEd wrote:
MillerSam wrote:Is the update for already buyers free to the 105 patches ?
The additional patches all went into the free demo bank so you can download them from here - saves me having to send lots of updater emails and means everyone gets to try them
Hm... but not every customer read this thread. Mailchimp is free for up to quite many recipients if I remember correctly, and writing emails is quite easy. ;-)

Thanks for the update anyway. :-)

Whoa long time since I visited this thread

Time for a bump

New Aalto bank coming soon - Aaltovista

Bump - trying to save up for Bazille

Will have some more for this soon, been trying to create some really subtle shifting sounds with Aalto lately

Still free

This bank is now updated to 128 presets - still comprised largely of self generating sounds that drift and evolve slowly (somewhat like Metaphysical Function but synthesised, not based on samples). These are not typical "bread and butter" sounds but mostly subtle sounds that invite quiet contemplation or that create droning, drifting, walls of soundscape. Most can just be left to run, others can also be played using the keys and will interact with the player, some also require a key press just to kick them into motion, then will happily carry on playing for a while (try different keys, some like 'Symphony of Snarks' sound very different depending on the notes that initiate them). There are also a few pads and bell-like sounds as well. Several structures also have more than one variation.

The bank is available here for free evaluation and casual playing - if you like it and/or plan to use it in your music there is a donation link at the top of the web page for you to pay what you think it is worth to you.

aMUSEd wrote:Most can just be left to run, others can also be played using the keys and will interact with the player....
This is one of the new presets from my Aaltovista bank but demonstrates what I mean by this (although Drone Machines presets tend to be more subtle)
aMUSEd wrote:This is one of the new patches (an evolution of my 'UnMerry Go Round' patch from Clouds and Clocks called 'UnMerrily goes Round the Bend')

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aigc7jqazj3jy ... d.mp3?dl=0

this demonstrates the level of live interactivity available in many of these patches (in all 3 banks). At startup the patch will just generate its own sound and carry on indefinitely but if you start playing notes it has feedback paths that will incorporate those into the evolving sound and play with you responsively. Also with this patch I'm using MW to enable the rhythm/sequence to be slowed or speeded up (and of course you can also redraw that in realtime). Most patches also use aftertouch.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2#p6805572

lil bump

Anyone tried the new patches? I was sortof trying to get closer to the self generational modular assemblages artists like Kaitlin Aurelia Smith create.

Will be updating this soon, no new patches this time but I've been refining some of the modulations and going back over my older patches to incorporate things I've learnt with the more recent ones.

Made with one of the new patches

https://soundcloud.com/kymeia/checks-and-balances

I have updated this bank again in several ways. Firstly there are now 130 patches, and some of the existing ones I have redone to improve them. I have also converted the whole bank into NKS patches to be used in S series Keyboards (and also load in Maschine although you will lose some of the modulations in Maschine).

I have included the original Aalto patches and the NKS patches in the one zip.

http://www.fingermarks.co.uk/Komplete/D ... mplete.zip

This is an unusual bank in that most of the patches are meant to be played more like a West Coast modular synth than the usual keyboard driven synths. 90% of patches are self generative drones of various sorts, and move to their own complex rhythms, so the aim is more to 'play' them using the KK knobs to produce changes in the modulation or just to allow them to gradually unfold, many will do this for a considerable length of time (like wind chimes). About half of these can also receive input from the keyboard and will incorporate what you play into the evolving music rather than be led by it - they play along with you. Some, including Drone Machines the patch, require you to press a note or two to get the generative sequence started, then will play along on their own. There are also a few pads and strings but even most of these have an unfolding element (some like Delicacy it is subtle but using the modwheel brings out the underlying rhythm). Best way to work with these is just to explore everything - using keys, knobs and just letting them do their thing (means being patient).

I have 2 more Aalto banks of this kind that I will eventually convert.

Return to “Soundware”