Modulys:Controlling more than one Plugin?

Official support for: raxntrax.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How do i control more than one plugin with Modulys,I'm using Reaper,

I can set it up to control one by using the send midi function,using clip 1,but if i send that to a second plugin it still plays the clip 1,when i want it to play clip 2,

I tried changing the out channel,but it has no effect as my routing must be wrong some where :(

Hi, you have to make the different clips send on for example Channel 1 (clip 1), Channel 2 (clip 2), Channel 3 (clip 3), etc.
Then in Reaper you create a track for each synth aand create a send tracks from Modulys to each synth track.
For each send, leave audio as NONE. For Midi, choose Midi Channel 1 as source for the first clip, Midi Channel 2 for the second etc. I do the same for the Midi destination, but I think you can also leave that to "All".
I hope this helps.

I also found out you can do the same in Ableton Live 9.5, but you'll have to use a tool like LoopMidi, that creates a virtual midi port for you.

Thanks,had figured it out back then after a day or two & I forgot to update this thread with the solution,but you did so,thanks again

Ok no problem, it's only yesterday that I found out about this forum's existence :)

It seems that what I wrote about Live 9.5 wasn't correct. Modulys only offers to change the channel where it sends the MIDI, but since you can't change the MIDI port (or can you?) it's impossible to route it to the LoopMidi port.

Does anybody know a solution other than for having to open 4 Modulyses control 4 synths in Live 9.5 ?

As soon as you add Modulys into an Ableton Midi track, the "Midi To" disappears and gets replaced by "Audio to", so it's not possible to route it to LoopMidi or any other Midi tool :(

Email the developer this forum is un-maned,he might be able to help you

Sorry for neglecting my own forum :oops:
Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer email...

Anyway, about this :
As soon as you add Modulys into an Ableton Midi track, the "Midi To" disappears and gets replaced by "Audio to", so it's not possible to route it to LoopMidi or any other Midi tool :(
I have a solution for you.
Just contact me through the site and I'll get back to you.

Ok I will

E-Mail sent

Problem got solved by the developer really quickly. Thumbs up !

Edit: Due to Ableton's lousy "Midi To" which doesn't allow to send on "All Channels" or "Omni", it doesn't work. I wrote too quickly
Last edited by Wanterkeelt on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So why the MI-6 routine? National security or something?

How to use in Live 9 and send the 16 channels to an instrument. Please :pray:

I saw your post in BWS thread Wanterkeelt and looked into Modulys cause it looks really interesting. Unlike some other sequencers it's easy to use, except for routing the channels - in both Live and BWS.

So far I'm liking the demo but not going to buy if I can't use it the way it is meant to be used and send all channels.

@ SQ4 - I think you can get auto notifications when there are posts. I can understand the lack of time to monitor a forum but with auto notify set on you only need to show up when someone posts. HTH

Just in case, I'll send an email too ;)

Cheers!
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Unfortunately the problem in Ableton Live still persists. Modulys is able to send its Midi via Ableton's "Midi to" (contact the developer for that via e-mail), but since Live doesn't allow to send Midi to "All Channels" it won't work. Live forces you to choose the Midi Channel (1 to 16), so only the Midi from one channel will be sent. I added a feature request on the Ableton forum, but so far nobody has even replied to it...

Wanterkeelt wrote:Unfortunately the problem in Ableton Live still persists. Modulys is able to send its Midi via Ableton's "Midi to" (contact the developer for that via e-mail), but since Live doesn't allow to send Midi to "All Channels" it won't work. Live forces you to choose the Midi Channel (1 to 16), so only the Midi from one channel will be sent. I added a feature request on the Ableton forum, but so far nobody has even replied to it...
Thanks for responding Wanterkeelt!

This has been an ongoing issue with Live for as long as I can remember. Good luck getting a response, let alone the FR implemented :x

This is a pity since Modulys seems like a great piece of software. Kudos to the dev :tu:
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Yes, it was the same with PDC, and it finally got implemented in Live 9.2. So there's still hope ;)

Modulys is really great. As you might have read in the Bitwig post, I'm running it in Reaper with 4 synths (so far), and it's just fantastic for sequencer mania.

Return to “RaXnTraX”