Spire does not load / save Logic Pro aupresets

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've reported this via email but wanted to bring the discussion onto the forum. I like using Logic Pro's preset management system and use it with all my 3rd party plugins. The only plugin which simply won't load such presets is Spire.

Interestingly, Spire 1.0.x worked perfectly, but this has been broken since Spire 1.1.

Various other Logic Pro X users have confirmed this too.

Begging Reveal Sound to fix this for us, please!!!! :)
Last edited by fgimian on Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

That's a negative.
After 40 mins from your post, I confirm their website is working just fine.

phreaque wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:51 am That's a negative.
After 40 mins from your post, I confirm their website is working just fine.
Yep, my mistake. So I decided to switch the topic of this post to another issue I wanted to post about, which is a bug with aupresets. I had originally posted about the website being down, but it is perfectly fine, the problem was on my end. :)

Hi!

Unfortunately, Spire does not have integration with preset managers of any DAW (including Logic Pro X), so the presets saving function works properly only with the internal preset manager.

It is highly recommended to save all your priests in native Spire format using MENU / Save preset (.spf) function.
We are working on a new version of the preset manager, where such issues are taken into account.

Thank you for understanding.

vega555 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:56 am Hi!

Unfortunately, Spire does not have integration with preset managers of any DAW (including Logic Pro X), so the presets saving function works properly only with the internal preset manager.

It is highly recommended to save all your priests in native Spire format using MENU / Save preset (.spf) function.
We are working on a new version of the preset manager, where such issues are taken into account.

Thank you for understanding.
I appreciate the reply, but it really is not satisfactory to just say that Spire doesn't support DAW presets. Spire works 100% perfectly with Cubase and VST3 presets and as I mentioned, before Spire 1.1 (Spire 1.0), it also worked perfectly with Logic Pro X and AU presets too.

This is not a matter of "supporting preset managers of a DAW", this is about adhering to the AU plugin standard like every other plugin in existence which works correctly with Logic's preset system.

Spire is the ONLY plugin out of my many dozens of plugins that does not work, so this can only be considered a bug, and a big one at that.

Using DAW preset managers is not just about unifying the preset browser, saving and loading experience, it's also about features like setting a default preset too, which doesn't work in Spire.

I'm truly very disappointed with the response to this issue from Reveal Sound, I expected so much better from a company I love so much :(

Please don't worry.

We also plan to add support for third-party preset managers in future releases.

vega555 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:20 am Please don't worry.

We also plan to add support for third-party preset managers in future releases.
Thank you so so much, really appreciate this! :party:

Return to “Reveal Sound”