ReSpire?

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lovely. I have both versions. But prefer working with the RE.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I buy the RE yesterday , i start my work on Reason and the Respire Is really good, keep making this great job guys .

Will the recent Reason Update to 10.3 help to speed up ReSpire development as Propellerhead has rewritten their audio engine and changed their default buffer size?
Last edited by tony10000 on Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

tony10000 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:40 pm Will the recent Reason Update to 1.3 help to speed up ReSpire development as Propellerhead has rewritten their audio engine and changed their default buffer size?
1.3? You mean Reason 10.3? This will have zero effect on the speed in which RE devs create or update RE's. It just means that some RE's may run a little leaner on 10.3 than they did on 9.5-10.2.

Nothing will help speed up ReSpire development, I'm afraid - Reveal Sound works at their own pace... :party:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:49 am
tony10000 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:40 pm Will the recent Reason Update to 1.3 help to speed up ReSpire development as Propellerhead has rewritten their audio engine and changed their default buffer size?
1.3? You mean Reason 10.3? This will have zero effect on the speed in which RE devs create or update RE's. It just means that some RE's may run a little leaner than 9.5-10.2 did.

Nothing will help speed up ReSpire development, I'm afraid - Reveal Sound works at their own pace... :party:
I meant 10.3. I was thinking that it may make coding a bit easier if you don't have that low latency obstacle that exacerbates CPU usage.

tony10000 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:53 am
1.3? You mean Reason 10.3? This will have zero effect on the speed in which RE devs create or update RE's. It just means that some RE's may a little leaner on 10.3 than they did on 9.5-10.2.

I meant 10.3. I was thinking that it may make coding a bit easier if you don't have that low latency obstacle that exacerbates CPU usage.
Can't speak much too much on this (NDA and all), but suffice to say - no - this doesn't really make things any different for RE devs. Not in the sense that it will make Reveal Sound work any faster, anyway... :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:56 am
tony10000 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:53 am
1.3? You mean Reason 10.3? This will have zero effect on the speed in which RE devs create or update RE's. It just means that some RE's may a little leaner on 10.3 than they did on 9.5-10.2.

Can't speak much too much on this (NDA and all), but suffice to say - no - this doesn't really make things any different for RE devs. Not in the sense that it will make Reveal Sound work any faster, anyway... :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
They previously spoke of having to "reduce sound quality" to improve performance and I thought that it may help in that regard. I have personally observed better ReSpire performance using 10.3. I will have to dig deeper into the SDK.

tony10000 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:11 am They previously spoke of having to "reduce sound quality" to improve performance and I thought that it may help in that regard. I have personally observed better ReSpire performance using 10.3. I will have to dig deeper into the SDK.
Yeah I have no idea what they were getting at regarding that comment. Maybe it was some sort of shortcut they took when they first compiled Spire VST into ReSpire, since they built it on an older version of the RE SDK. There have been quite a few updates to the RE SDK since they built ReSpire originally. I'd say that would have more of an effect on their plans than the VST-performance update to core Reason will. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EnochLight wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:34 am
tony10000 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:11 am They previously spoke of having to "reduce sound quality" to improve performance and I thought that it may help in that regard. I have personally observed better ReSpire performance using 10.3. I will have to dig deeper into the SDK.
Yeah I have no idea what they were getting at regarding that comment. Maybe it was some sort of shortcut they took when they first compiled Spire VST into ReSpire, since they built it on an older version of the RE SDK. There have been quite a few updates to the RE SDK since they built ReSpire originally. I'd say that would have more of an effect on their plans than the VST-performance update to core Reason will. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I understand what you are saying. Urs at u-he reportedly dropped RE support because the new SDK broke their code. Perhaps ReSpire is having the same issues, hence they said will have to re-write it from scratch.

tony10000 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:43 am I understand what you are saying. Urs at u-he reportedly dropped RE support because the new SDK broke their code. Perhaps ReSpire is having the same issues, hence they said will have to re-write it from scratch.
Naaa... Actually, Urs dropped RE's because his in-house dev that learned and knew the RE SDK left, and he didn't find his RE's profitable enough for him to put the time and effort into learning the SDK just to continue them. And now Reason supports VST, so...

The RE SDK updates doesn't break anything that I'm aware of. Plenty of devs have released updates to their RE's as the RE SDK was updated with little fanfare.

Reveal Sound just works slow as hell, is all. I wouldn't really read too much into their post above.

EnochLight wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:36 am
tony10000 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:43 am I understand what you are saying. Urs at u-he reportedly dropped RE support because the new SDK broke their code. Perhaps ReSpire is having the same issues, hence they said will have to re-write it from scratch.
Naaa... Actually, Urs dropped RE's because his in-house dev that learned and knew the RE SDK left, and he didn't find his RE's profitable enough for him to put the time and effort into learning the SDK just to continue them. And now Reason supports VST, so...

The RE SDK updates doesn't break anything that I'm aware of. Plenty of devs have released updates to their RE's as the RE SDK was updated with little fanfare.

Reveal Sound just works slow as hell, is all. I wouldn't really read too much into their post above.
Those were the other factors, but he did state that: "We maintained scripts which converted our codebase to something which would work with RE, but after an update of the RE SDK we could not compile any RE which would not crash in Reason. We had a complete new RE finished, but it did not work."

See: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=522123

tony10000 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:11 am They previously spoke of having to "reduce sound quality" to improve performance and I thought that it may help in that regard.
Where exactly did they say that?

chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:12 am
tony10000 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:11 am They previously spoke of having to "reduce sound quality" to improve performance and I thought that it may help in that regard.
Where exactly did they say that?
Seventh post on page 1 of this thread:

"It could be possible to speed up the work by reducing the accuracy - but in this case, the sound could be unidentical to the VST version, which is not acceptable."

Yeah, i thought you meant that. Well, that doesn't mean they reduce sound quality at all. The opposite: They say that they would have had to reduce sound quality, but they decided against it.

Actually, to be totally precise, they didn't even talk about reducing the sound quality, but, reducing the accuracy. Whatever that means.

chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:01 am Yeah, i thought you meant that. Well, that doesn't mean they reduce sound quality at all. The opposite: They say that they would have had to reduce sound quality, but they decided against it.

Actually, to be totally precise, they didn't even talk about reducing the sound quality, but, reducing the accuracy. Whatever that means.
Reduced accuracy + diff in sound vs. VST = reduction of sound quality in my book. YMMV.

Return to “Reveal Sound”