Spire: Feature requests

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's not if you have a short attack, it's if you have zero sustain. Make this envelope: A=0, D=50, S=0, SLI=0, SLT=0, R=50. See how easy it is to visualize in Spire? Now do the same thing in e.g. Sytrus or whatever -- manifestly inferior! You can't even see the curvature of the final envelope segment.

Spire's current approach to classic envelopes is the best around, bar none. Anyone who isn't afflicted with insipid taste can readily see this.
Makin' Music Great Again 8)

I meant a quick attack with a short decay (and zero sustain of course) but since you keep going with the unnecessary insults I'm out.

If your sustain is 0 and your release is >0, then with a graphical envelope editor, you can't see the shape of your release. It just becomes a flat line at the bottom of the envelope editor. This is not hard to grasp.
Makin' Music Great Again 8)

Possibility to lock all the knobs, so when you change preset, locked knobs wont change. This is needed asap, as some preset are huge in volume and some are very quiet.. 125% of gui. 100% is too small and 150% is too big.. More waveforms and next and back buttons to browse waveforms.

nechronics wrote:undo/redo buttons :D
+1

Soloing an oscillator would be very convenient instead of having to mute the others.

Just a heads up, but... you can vote for feature requests, and post your own feature requests on this site: https://revealsound.uservoice.com/forum ... ilters/top I don't know how often Reveal-Sound look into that, but, e.g. i just voted for adding a fx only version of Spire, so you can use the fx with other instruments, and it seems like some ideas are under review, or have a planned status too, so, there's good chance that the feature requests will be reviewed too.

great thanks I'll post there...

chk071 wrote:Just a heads up, but... you can vote for feature requests, and post your own feature requests on this site: https://revealsound.uservoice.com/forum ... ilters/top I don't know how often Reveal-Sound look into that, but, e.g. i just voted for adding a fx only version of Spire, so you can use the fx with other instruments, and it seems like some ideas are under review, or have a planned status too, so, there's good chance that the feature requests will be reviewed too.
FX version would be awesome. Love the reverb for lead sounds.

Yep. :tu:

Osc Solo
Solo buttons for oscillators beside each oscillator mute button.

FX Bypass
An FX Bypass button and/or FX mute shortcuts:
  • Left-click and drag the cursor across the fx mute buttons you wish to toggle
  • Alt-click a single mute button to toggle all mute buttons
Filter Bypass
Filter Bypass button located beside the Link button.

Additional Pitch Targets
  • Global Pitch: one target to achieve effects like vibrato.
  • Osc Note & Fine: greater flexibility with regard to pitch modulation.
Amended Note Values
Re-label dotted and triplet timings with an abbreviation “dot” or “trip,” or with a “*” and “T”. This seems to be the convention used in most areas where I've encountered note values, and I believe it's more intuitive.

Rate as Hz and Delay as time in Free Modes
It would be beneficial for at least these two parameter values to be displayed in more practical and meaningful formats. I could for example, use calculations to obtain specific timings not listed as preset options in Spire, and then set these timings using milliseconds.

Save Modulator Presets
Add the ability to save modulator settings as presets. For example, it would be handy to be able to load an envelope for repeat use, rather than having to program it in every time.

Save as Init Preset
Add the ability to save a preset as the Init preset, granting us the ability to define our own version of a blank slate. I recognise that I can load my own preset manually, but I'd like to hit the Init button to load it.

MSEGs or enhanced LFOs/Stepper
Draw-able envelopes, much like what you see in Xfer Serum. I can't always quite get the shape I'm after with the current envelopes.

More Filter Types
I'd like to see a more diverse offering of filters. While I can appreciate the differences of the current filter types, I'd like to see some multi filters and more combs.

I'd like to have a possibility to choose which bank to initially load.
Currently when opening a fresh instance of Spire, it starts out with the annoyingest sound ever... an awful wobble bass.
I'd rather have mine begin with an init sound or a beautiful pad.

HiEnergy wrote:I'd like to have a possibility to choose which bank to initially load.
Currently when opening a fresh instance of Spire, it starts out with the annoyingest sound ever... an awful wobble bass.
I'd rather have mine begin with an init sound or a beautiful pad.
+1 (or even have the possibility to load a random preset each time like in Z3ta+ 2)

I didn't find the Crickets sound awful at the beginning (I actually quite liked it :oops: ) but after a couple of years, it's now like a disease for me: as soon as I load Spire, I absolutely need to change the preset :ud:

Please bring NKS support.

TheKid wrote:Please bring NKS support.
Till that time: viewtopic.php?f=248&t=451569

Hello, I'd like to request a new UI size. 100% is a tad too small, 150% is too big. I'm on a 5k iMac. I belive 125% would be better.

Btw, In logic (latest, 10.4 & latest Sierra macOS), it seems like the logic preset system doesn't work, I made a default preset (in the logic UI), but opening new spire instance still gave me spire starting preset. Tried some other preset's I saved in the logic system, didn't work.

Return to “Reveal Sound”