Spire: Feature requests

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

recursive one wrote:A bunch of FRs

- Filter drive!!! Several selectable/adjustable types, please ;)
- Global unison
- Modulation smoothing. I mean, when using Stepper to control volume, or when setting short gate vaules in the Arp section, the sound fades out in a very abrupt and ugly way.
Yes, the stepper can make some seriously ugly clicks.

Some pictures says more than words:

Why cant we put same parameters from all oscilators in one modulation slot (e.g "AllOSC pitch" )? Adding this shoudlnt be challenging for programmer.

This is what made me stop using Spire completely.

Yes, being able to target all oscs at once would be very nice! Something as simple as adding vibrato to a patch can be very annoying at the moment.

Locking feature to all the knobs. Example I want to lock the reverb settings and then change preset, it also change fx's etc. Not nice. Same to the filters and envelopes - all the knobs. Thanks! :D

Digging the new 1.1.8 update. Still wanting more steps though. Ha!

Just thought of another one that would be really useful in preset design: mid/side EQ. This would be even better with advanced routing options. :)

Maykie wrote:Some pictures says more than words:

Why cant we put same parameters from all oscilators in one modulation slot (e.g "AllOSC pitch" )? Adding this shoudlnt be challenging for programmer.
+1, would be great to have that.

For my feature request: Don't get me wrong, i do like the filters in Spire. Until, say, 60% resonance or so, they just sound marvellous. If you get over those 60%, mainly talking about the Perfecto, and Scorpio filter types here, when it gets to the stage, where other filters self-oscillate, there's some hollow HUUUUH whistle/howling tone of the resonance that i don't quite like. Especially compared with filters in recent soft synths, that resonance behavior is quite lame IMO. As mentioned, i really like the filters until a certain level of resonance. If you go beyong that, it gets a bit awful. A new filter type would really help, maybe just based on the Perfecto, with improved resonance behavior (maybe even with zero delay feedback). That would be perfect, and would help to get Spire on the next level, because, apart from that, i don't have anything to complain about its sound.

And maybe with that new filter type, an option to drive the filter could also be implemented, as has been mentioned earlier.

There are two major actions where I need to change presets often:
The first of course is walking through the presets to hear how they sound.
The second one is renaming whole banks of presets to match my personal naming convention. And especially the renaming process is really time consuming and it complicates and breaks my hand-movement-pattern when I need to move the mouse to the arrows and then back to the renaming point next to the preset name.

Changing presets using the arrow keys would make things a lot easier. "My" idea is to use left and right arrow keys for changing presets and up and down arrow keys to switch banks. Sylenth1 made me love this feature, even though they somehow really f'd up hard when switching right/left with up/down i a major update.

vegaron wrote:There are two major actions where I need to change presets often:
The first of course is walking through the presets to hear how they sound.
The second one is renaming whole banks of presets to match my personal naming convention. And especially the renaming process is really time consuming and it complicates and breaks my hand-movement-pattern when I need to move the mouse to the arrows and then back to the renaming point next to the preset name.

Changing presets using the arrow keys would make things a lot easier. "My" idea is to use left and right arrow keys for changing presets and up and down arrow keys to switch banks. Sylenth1 made me love this feature, even though they somehow really f'd up hard when switching right/left with up/down i a major update.
+1

Or maybe a way to open the bank in a spreadsheet, rename the presets, save as ... done.

Maykie wrote:Some pictures says more than words:

This is what made me stop using Spire completely.
Just came to make this request but i see you beat me already :)

+1

Addendum to my FR: "Changing presets with arrow keys from keyboard":

I just realized that I had a bad installation and arrow keys do in fact work, but unfortunately not as I hoped.
Only the particular control which has the focus (given by the last mouse click) is controllable by the arrow keys. I don't know if anyone finds it useful to set synth parameters with the keyboard, but I hoped for arrow keys being globally bound to the presets. But I suppose, I can't hope for that being changed, once the keyboard already is defined to do something...

I really don't wanna be that guy but I seem to have a lot of ideas lately which cause work for the developers...
  • visualisation of the modulation of OSC waveforms, knobs and sliders when they are modulated
  • MIDI learn for buttons like OSCn, SHP, PHS, CHR, DEL, REV, PAR, LNK, etc. – I'd like to change parameters from a MIDI controller without having to use the mouse to click to the specific tab I'm modulating

Higher audio quality is a must to keep it relevant. Smoother modulations, and I know you do it to conserve cpu, but you gotta stop with all the stepping. Synth makers and musicians have been trying to eliminate stepping since the beginning of time and you guys keep introducing more. Start thinking about spire as more of a professional instrument and not a edm tool.

Dasheesh wrote:Higher audio quality is a must to keep it relevant. Smoother modulations, and I know you do it to conserve cpu, but you gotta stop with all the stepping. Synth makers and musicians have been trying to eliminate stepping since the beginning of time and you guys keep introducing more. Start thinking about spire as more of a professional instrument and not a edm tool.
Good point, less stepping would be nice. With smoother modulations, Spire would beat any hardware VA.

Aside from smother modulations I would like free running LFO's that go into extreme modulation rates to tune the filters with.

Return to “Reveal Sound”