Spire: Problems and trouble shooting help

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tom Milner wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:11 pm I've had Spire for a few weeks now, and I really like the workflow. Forgive my density, but the saving of custom presets seems a bit fiddly, or maybe I just haven't cracked the code yet. I've tried referencing the manual, but there really isn't a step by step guide, and when I think I've succeeded, the preset is gone when I reopen the bank. I'm sure this is user error, but can someone point me to a tutorial or more in-depth guide on how to do this?

I'm running a 2010 iMac, running Logic Pro 10.4

Thanks, Tom Milner
Hi!

If want to save all presets in the current bank just use this function: Menu>Save Bank (.sbf)

Please feel free to contact us via support@reveal-sound.com if you have any further questions.

Does anyone have the problem where the newest version crashes randomly and a lot of sounds sustain indefinately?

I'm using the latest version and it is a legitimate license not a crack.

cheers
M.

Woody450@live.com wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:55 pm Does anyone have the problem where the newest version crashes randomly and a lot of sounds sustain indefinately?

cheers
M.
Hi! Please contact us via support@reveal-sound.com with detailed information about your setup and issue.

Anybody else having issues with FL Studio 10.1. disabling the latest version of Spire (1.1.15) upon launch? The wrapper still identifies it as 1.1.14. BTW, I have reported this issue to Reveal-Sound support.

My spire preset keeps changing whenever I play MIDI.

I read about something called program change where the MIDI notes trigger a preset change.

I am wondering how I can turn this off for Spire or for my DAW Logic Pro X? Thanks.

AB69 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:24 pm My spire preset keeps changing whenever I play MIDI.

I read about something called program change where the MIDI notes trigger a preset change.

I am wondering how I can turn this off for Spire or for my DAW Logic Pro X? Thanks.
Hi!
Please use the "Reset Midi Learn Table" function in Spire Menu to reset all learned Midi commands for Spire.
If the above doesn't help:
Select the MIDI region in the Arrange and press "E" to open the Event List. Check the Event List for a Program Change parameter and delete it if needed.

Please contact us via support@reveal-sound.com if you have any further questions.

Maybe I'm missing something but on certain presets, even if I turn volume all the way to zero, Spire still plays a sound, why does this happen and why was it designed this way ? It makes it really annoying for gain staging as every other single VSTi I have, volume does what you expect it to do

Which preset, for example?

Also, master volume could be modulated. Check if the mod knobs, or anything else is set as a modulation source for master volume in the matrix.

chk071 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:44 am Which preset, for example?

Also, master volume could be modulated. Check if the mod knobs, or anything else is set as a modulation source for master volume in the matrix.
3rd party preset and you're correct master volume is modulated, still seems odd that modulation overrides at manual setting off volume, I would have thought modulation would work based off what the original volume is set at so it could never go higher or at least that would be the preferred way for it to work in my opinion, or have a real master that decreases overall volume regardless of modulation

On the other hand, it's the same as with cutoff frequency. Fully close the filter, and you won't hear nothing anymore. Modulate the filter, and it opens. Same with master volume. As long as it's modulatable, it has to react that way, i guess.

Woody450@live.com wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:55 pm Does anyone have the problem where the newest version crashes randomly and a lot of sounds sustain indefinately?

cheers
M.

Yea, I still get stuck notes too. I submitted another bug report. Ableton 10.x (was stuck on 9 also). Windows x64. Easily repeatable over and over.

I can't do anything in the preset browser, all the functions are except "copy" are greyed out. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Näyttökuva 2020-09-16 001222.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

danfi wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:57 am I can't do anything in the preset browser, all the functions are except "copy" are greyed out. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
It looks like you selected a preset from the old sound bank format - sbf (blue preset color) and there are no changes in the selected preset, otherwise, the Save button would be active.
Everything works correctly: Rename, Delete, Edit actions for presets in the old bank formats (sbf) are not allowed.

To convert the preset to a new format, you can simply copy and paste the old preset to the User Library folder.
A copy of the preset will be created in sbf2 format (white color of the preset) and the rest of the actions will become available.

Original source: https://www.reveal-sound.com/plug-ins/s ... e-base/502

I updated to latest (1.5.3) version and now Logic Pro can't load Spire at all. It's not even recognized by the plug-in manager. Spire-1.5.component is in the correct Components folder. Deleting plug-in cache didn't help. I'm running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 and Logic Pro 10.5.1.
MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2.5 GHz i7, Logic Pro X, RME Babyface

Ok, after restarting (and fiddling with the file permissions) it started working. As much as I appreciate your effort, if the update requires a restart, it would be really helpful to inform the user about this and not leave them guessing.
MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2.5 GHz i7, Logic Pro X, RME Babyface

Return to “Reveal Sound”