Spire: Feature requests

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Reveal Sound keep silence. Are they continue developing Spire? Because it is great synth and i would want to see it evolving.

Thanks for the info!

GUI piano keyboard

I'd argue that noone needs that in 2019. No idea why devs still incorporate that into their soft synths. It's useful for one single case, and that's auditioning sounds with a single note. Everyone can do that either on his DAW's virual MIDI keyboard, or with a physical MIDI keyboard. IMO, it's really pointless to spend time on this. You can't play chords, or play in melodies with it anyway.

Agree with chk! Waste of time and precious gui space! Would rather see drawable envelopes, drawable lfos, bigger and clearer arpegiator than keyboard. Plus more wavetables, more distortion pre and post filter options.

HcDoom wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:39 pm Agree with chk! Waste of time and precious gui space! Would rather see drawable envelopes, drawable lfos, bigger and clearer arpegiator than keyboard. Plus more wavetables, more distortion pre and post filter options.
This but my biggest hate is when you adjust ADSSSR and the image above doesn't change to show your envelope shape, having it animated to show the actual envelope would be a nice feature

Now that we have All OSC pitch modulation targets... i hope other OSC targets are also coming. Would be great to have a enclosing All OSC target, with the other OSC options as well, like: All OSC -> Pitch, Detune, OscA, OscB etc.

Per voice LFO (like the virus ti with 16 different phase positions) to create smoother pitch lfo assignments, better for supersaws, which will basically end my need for the virus.
Keytracking in modmatrix adjustable (nonlinear curves etc)
Equaliser with real parameters (frequency, q value and gain) rather than the current 0-1000
Maybe a few more bands on the eq and maybe a parametric eq?

PLEASE FIX THIS:

Changing to the next or previous preset shuts off all currently playing MIDI notes, so no stuck notes occur!

This bug has been in here for years. It's gotten to the point I dread using Spire.

:x

Spire GUI skins and sizes are not saved.
Is this normal behavior?
It will be the default display every time you insert a plugin.
I use Logic X.(AU)

Hi!
Please perform the following:
1. Hold "Command+Shift+G" from the Mac desktop (or Finder > Go > Go to Folder) and type in ~/Library/Application Support/RevealSound/
2. Delete the spire_config.json file
3. Try to run Spire

Please contact support@reveal-sound.com if the problem still persists.

I would like to see following behaviour fixed in the Step Sequencer:
Spire doesn't "notice" and play the steps, that are edited while Keys are pressed. You have to take off your fingers from the keyboard and press e.g. the chord again. That is a pitty since it slows down the fun a bit...

For me I really enjoy using Spire and it sounds great but the one thing I think that would make it next level in terms of composing ability would be the addition of the kind of step sequencer/ arpeggiator mashup that you see in Cthulu and amazingly enough ANA2 a similar but much cheaper VST.

Basically allow us to create step sequencer patterns where the notes played are determined by the chords played into it. I suppose you may call it a diatonic step sequencer.

Most step sequencers (spire included) are great when you use them to 303 style drone patterns but become way more complicated when you want them to become infinitely more melodic.

I really like Spire but I end up going back to ANA2 all the time because its simply a way better compositional tool. It seems silly to not include this in Spire when it caters to Trance and other melody/chord based music so well. Combined with Scalar 2 this is game changing.

forgot that i requested it

Return to “Reveal Sound”