Salt - tech preview / test demo

Official support for: signaldust.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

On second thought let's not go to Camelot... 'tis a silly place.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

aciddose wrote:I suspect the major issue is still going to be GUI stuff... At least from my own perspective GUI makes up 90% of everything.

Especially when you take into account the enjoyment / hobby aspect of writing the actual audio stuff, GUI ends up being a pain in the neck.

My perspective on this is that if it makes sense to have a spice-like script, that would also be absolutely awesome. Even if it has bugs or cryptic rules and regulations :hyper:
This is exactly the approach I decided to do, use LTSpice to generate a netlist and parse that file instead, then generate an SSE2 .h and .cpp file of the solved circuit. But in this case I think the GUI isn't 90% of the work, getting a stable and low cpu and completely automated circuit solver is very difficult. Oversampling can help, but there are fundamental problems with the stability of trapezoidal integration, as well as a bunch of other issues that can crop up to do with convergence of stiff equations.

OT: I am curious though aciddose, why are you so excited about this stuff? I recall discussions right here on KVR me outlining this standard circuit simulation (eg forming MNA matrices and then simplifying those to be solved in real time which is exactly what mystran is doing) and you saying it was a waste of time and pointless for audio. For reference here is a good summary thread of your opinions on the topic in response to standard circuit solving methods:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3&t=206367
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Feel free to discuss technical things, but if you want to discuss someone's interests or disinterests (other than in terms of what you would like to see in Salt eventually), please take those discussions somewhere else.

mystran wrote:Feel free to discuss technical things, but if you want to discuss someone's interests or disinterests (other than in terms of what you would like to see in Salt eventually), please take those discussions somewhere else.
It is related to salt, specifically the opinion of someone with a lot of real world circuit experience on how useful it is for musical applications, but I am happy to move discussion elsewhere.

aciddose can you please reply to the following thread instead? :tu:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6#p5904016

camsr wrote:Still using Salt often, so it has my well wishins.
An Inductor would be fantastic though, even if idealized. Is there problems with numeric range trying to simulate these?
A perfectly linear inductor is as easy to model as a perfectly linear capacitor, so if Mytran has done a capacitor I'm sure he can do an inductor. An accurate non-linear inductor is an open area of research, but there are some basic models that will give some similar enough behaviour to real world inductors for subsets of input signals.

I think I have isolated a bug preventing changes to the schematic. If components are moved off the circuit (but not deleted) while the schematic is active, then on reset it won't update that change.

The download link cannot use anymore, does anyone have other method to download

Wish I could download this too.

Return to “Signaldust”