InEQualizer

Official support for: signaldust.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

edited: decided to move this back to the drawing board / closed testing / whatever

edit2: Ok, I'll explain this a bit more in case someone is looking here and wondering what the heck is going on: it seems that I might need to make some slight changes that might not be completely backwards compatible.. so I have decide that further public exposure right now is not a good idea, as it might backfire as a support headache..
Last edited by mystran on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

cool! you cant have enough EQ.. ..we all know.. :D
as i love your free stuff i'll try out this of course too!

anyway: wish you good luck to your start mystran!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:cool! you cant have enough EQ.. ..we all know.. :D
as i love your free stuff i'll try out this of course too!

anyway: wish you good luck to your start mystran!
Thanks, we'll see what happens.

I do realize it's probably not the most exciting type of plugin, but then again I figured I'd do it anyway since thought I had the DSP technology ready. Turns out I had to rewrite most of it for reasons that became apparently only when I started dragging the control handles fast enough, or switching filter types on the fly.

Hopefully it'll still sell a few copies, since it took quite a bit more time and effort than I initially estimated.. but if nothing else, at least now I can claim to have released a commercial plugin, and people can stop complaining that there isn't any way to support Signaldust. :)

:tu:
[Insert Signature Here]

Very nice! It sounds really good. I like it more than the one included with Studio One.

ClubHo wrote:Very nice! It sounds really good. I like it more than the one included with Studio One.
Thanks, that's a start. I take it that it appears to run fine as well?

---

Also.. does anyone have any feedback on the GUI? Does it work? Are there obvious problems in terms of workflow, etc?

Will you be adding extra LPF/HPF slopes?

[mod edit: sorry for accidental edit, still new to this whole thing.. hopefully I restored it properly, oh no, I didn't.. urgh.. no way to restore old versions? -mystran]

ClubHo wrote: Will you be adding extra LPF/HPF slopes?
I would personally like to see more versions for all the filter types really, but like the FAQ mentions I decided to post-pone such things after 1.0 with the idea that I'd rather do things properly, instead of cooking something half-baked just for the check-point feature.

The thing is, I don't really want to promise a particular set of extra features right now, as it somewhat depends on how much interest I manage to generate with the current feature-set. If it looks like it makes sense for me to work more on EQ design right now, then those will certainly go into this plugin.. but if it seems there is very little interest, it might make more sense to finish something else (and hopefully more interesting) first.

I do admit though, that LPF and HPF would probably be the easiest filter types to add additional slopes to (that would probably mean 6, 18, 24db/oct). It's still not something I can do in a few hours, so I don't know if I want to try to get it into 1.0 but I'll think about it.

Cool.

Anyway, I think my message got edited. For some reason the scroll button does not work in Studio One x64.
Last edited by ClubHo on Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

ClubHo wrote:Cool.
For some reason the scroll button does not work in in Studio One x64.
I need to look into this. I don't currently take the keyboard focus (Windows is weird) so I rely on host reporting the wheel changes, but it could be a problem with the x64 build too.

Not for me personally (Already have my two EQs of choice) but thought i would test it out for you in Reaper x64
It uses CPU even when bypassed
CPU usage is rather high on comparable settings
DDMF IIEQPro 0.03
NI Solid EQ 0.1
InEqualizer 0.3

Unfortunately EQs and Comps are of zero interest to me, already saturated market that i have made my choices and settled with, hopefully this sells a few though so you do more stuff

Cheers
Duh

bungle wrote:Not for me personally (Already have my two EQs of choice) but thought i would test it out for you in Reaper x64
It uses CPU even when bypassed
Yes. Bypass does not currently save much CPU, because it is essentially "soft" meaning that it keeps everything "warmed up" so it can do smooth click-less switching between active and bypass.

It might be possible to turn some parts off automatically without causing any audible artifacts. It does some of that already, but probably could do more.
Unfortunately EQs and Comps are of zero interest to me, already saturated market that i have made my choices and settled with, hopefully this sells a few though so you do more stuff
I'll probably do more stuff whatever the case.
Last edited by mystran on Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The choice with a "soft" bypass comes down to things like automation and quick A/B comparisons without distracting clicks. I don't know if it's the right choice, but in Dust EQ the bypass switch is "hard" and in that one it always felt a bit annoying to me.

Sweeeeet! This is great news, congrats Mystran :o
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Couple of notes on this (Had a little time to experiment more)

1 Band adjustment is a lot less infuriating than DDMFs (DDMF has very poor mouse capture)
2 When bands are bypassed the dot should go grey too (Much clearer to see what is bypassed)
3 Could do with some extra filters (Particularly i like some very steep LC and HC for a a lot of things)

Overall with a couple updates and some optomizing i could see me switching to this over DDMF
Duh

Return to “Signaldust”