dust bucket delay!?

Official support for: signaldust.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

any plans on making a BBD-style delay?
basically the current dust bucket with longer delay-ranges and a feedback knob.

~ph

I've actually thought about making something like that, with "modeled" feedback filters too, but haven't managed to put the design together yet. But yeah it's an obvious application of the BBD stuff.. at least if you keep the LFO. :)

mystran wrote:I've actually thought about making something like that, [..]
shweeeet :love:
looking forward to that.
i really like your units.
especially abstract chamber & tila i use a lot.
also had a lot of fun with your "arp" the other day.

thank you so much for your work.

~ph

Whoa, I haven't noticed this thread before... yeah, your BBD Delay would probably rock big time! :D I currently use bkDelay [BlauKraut] a lot and it's excellent. I wish there was a similar delay like BK's but with an option to choose a resonant filter+LFO instead of just usual 1 or 2-pole LP+HP. That would be trippy! :D
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote:Whoa, I haven't noticed this thread before... yeah, your BBD Delay would probably rock big time! :D I currently use bkDelay [BlauKraut] a lot and it's excellent. I wish there was a similar delay like BK's but with an option to choose a resonant filter+LFO instead of just usual 1 or 2-pole LP+HP. That would be trippy! :D
I have a bit of prototype code for this, but haven't really thought about the exact design carefully yet. The approach from Dust Bucket wouldn't work directly when feedback is involved, but some quick tests seem to indicate that this problem can be solved.

Anyway, feel free to give suggestions for future development, but right now I don't really want to seriously start any more projects as I really have my hands quite full with existing projects; after those though, this might be the next thing. :)

Try bkDelay, you'll love it. I do, it sounds great and it's so easy to set up, at least for me. Maybe it can supply you with some inspiration on how to improve upon it. ;) I'm suggesting it because I've heard so much delay plugins so far and a lot of them are just - delay plugins. bkDelay just sounds better. Especially when I apply slight LFO modulation to it... so it doesn't sound so "robotic", if you get my drift. But the second thing lots of delay plugins lack is a nice [0-delay?] resonant filter on it and for synth music a resonant filter on the delay sounds just absolutely fantastic... like Ohmforce Ohmboyz, but their plugins don't sound so great to my ears these days as they used to back in the day.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

huh!? bkDelay?!? got a link? (edit: nevermind. took a while, but i found it)
i miss et-301 so much...

Yes, ET-301 sounds quite good.

Return to “Signaldust”