V3....lots and lots of bugs !

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a fairly new DAW, 3-4 months. Dont use it for anything else than DAW. i7-9700K, 2 x 1TB SSD, 12GB ram. Cubase 9.5 Artist an buffer set on max.
I have had the pleasure of working with this new daw flawless, ink AME II and AGP(2).
After installing the V3 of both my guitars, just utterly utterly useless. Frezzes before I can turn my head.
Sometimes I can get 2 or 3 instances working, mostly it frezzes on second guitar load. Latest experience: I loaded one ame3 and one AGPF and it worked. Wanted to add a FX track, and everything frozen.
I can accept bugs of new software, but only if vendor shows some small interest of the bugs.
Pls contact me for a teamwiever session or at least give me some feedback like: We are working on it.

Cheers
-einar-

Sorry for the trouble, your problem looks rare, do you mean the UI freeze when you want to do something? Could you press "F12" to check the audio performance?

Hi.
I mean that Cubase and ample guitar freeze. My computer is not frozen, like I can open file explorer/control panel etc.But i cant close/open/play or press anything in either cubase or ample. The cumputers CPU are working on 10-15 %, so its not a CPU overload,same goes for the RAM. Lots of free resources.
I was hoping for some feedback from other users, saying they have no problems or similar. In that way i could targeted the problem better.
Are my ex. soundcard out of date: Roland Duo Capture Ex on USB...?
Thanks for fast feedback
-einar-

ehoeila wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:53 pm I was hoping for some feedback from other users, saying they have no problems or similar. In that way i could targeted the problem better.
I'm on Windows 10, Reaper 6 with i5-6600 @3.3 GHz, 8GB DDR4 RAM and SSD (boot drive, Reaper) + 5400 RPM HDD (for most of my sample libraries). Using an old Line6 UX1 as my interface, buffer size at 256 when recording. But I use WaveOut with 1024 samples instead of my interface's ASIO drivers when I don't need to record keyboard live to save some CPU, however I never have issues running multiple VSTs at the same time even when using UX1 ASIO. A recent project of mine had 9 Ample sound guitar instances running, each with their own 3rd party amp sim chains (Ignite Emissary, Mercuriall SS-11X, Guitar Rig 5) plus Perfect Drums, Eurobass 2 and IK Hammond B-3X. I hit 80-90% CPU usage while screen capturing my DAW for a video yet there were no freezes.

HI, Tremendous
As you, I have no problem running as many VST as I need, including ample guitars version 2. No problem there. The problem startet when trying to use there latest version 3 of ampel guitar. I only own AME 3 and AGPF III so I cant speak for other version 3 guitars. If I turn of the new amp sims on these v.3 guitars, I can get by (dont know how many I can run at the same time thou)
If u have any of the mention ample guitar,s and run 3-4 with the new build in amps, please try and tell :-)

cheers
-einar-

As I said, I had 9 Ample Sound guitar instances in one project without issues (all were version 3) but I used external amps which were much heavier than the built-in amps.

Anyway, I now tried 16 instances all using the internal amps, my interface's ASIO drivers and 256 buffer size and apart from the CPU usage hitting >80% there were no issues. I screencaptured my DAW but the video doesnt have sound for some reason, but there were no crackles or freezing and everything worked as smooth as usual. https://streamable.com/yp8l7

Hi.
Thanks Tremedouz. Thats make me a bit sad, because now I dont know where to look for why my is not working like yours.
Maybe I try a uninstall/installing again to se if that helps. Other then that I dont know what to do.

could it be a cubase problem, I wonder...

Thanks for shearing.

-einar-

You could always try installing Reaper to test it. It's like 12 MB download and the installation takes maybe one minute.

Dowloaded Reaper V6, and run 8 instance of AME 3 using the build in amp sims on all whit no problems. CPU load at about 20%............. Man, that just give me more headache ;-). Now, if just someone from Ample Guitar could confirm that Cubase Artist 9.5 is approved for ample guitars, then I can attack Cubase ;-)

Ample....? any comments...?

cheers
-einar-

We don't have artist version, we have Cubase pro 9.5, 10, 10.5 and Nuendo 10, tested electric guitar v3 without problem.

Please reinstall your Cubase then try again? or update artist version to pro?

"could it be a cubase problem, I wonder..."

... really? i wouldnt wonder.

... did you test the guitars in stand-alone?

... in my system Cubase10.5Pro even causes crashes, when i only use (Steinbergs) HALion ... never had these issues with my 1st Cubase on ATARI 1024 :D

... but my Ample-plugins (e-guitars V3) are now pretty stable compared with the rest ...

Return to “Ample Sound”