AME v3 - Please allow to set sample release time below 50ms in ADSR settings + other feature suggestions

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just installed version 3 and noticed that the solo mode works a little differently than it used to: I can't get the same sound as before in v2 with lots of pick attack cause the release time is seemingly longer. Allowing to set the release time to let's say 15ms would probably result in similar sound than with the old solo mode.

I exaggerated the effect for the sake of comparison by setting the sample start time to 20ms instead of the 25-30 which I normally use with the solo mode in v2 (v3 has sample start set to 0 ms in ADSR settings for maximum pick attack)

Version 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4j5sdrveq1mn ... 2.mp3?dl=0

Version 3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhall8zpocf3x ... 3.mp3?dl=0

Now I have a couple of other suggestions:
- bring back the pick attack accentuation ratio and accentuation ratio humanization that were present in v2 EDIT: upon closer inspection this was replaced by the "Grainy" and "Random Grainy" knobs in the top right of the UI
- add volume control for the effects you can trigger in the upper range of the keyboard (downstroke noise, upstroke noise, silent press etc.), they're really loud by default as you can hear in my clips (I used them to simulate rake picking)

Cheers!

Apparently the links don't work properly but if you right click them you can open them in a new tab.

>>cause the release time is seemingly longer.
The release time 50ms is the same in v2 and v3. it is fixed at 50ms and unchangeable in v2.

>>v3 has sample start set to 0 ms in ADSR settings for maximum pick attack
The Start Time are different in different v3 presets, it is 35ms in default preset.

>>this was replaced by the "Grainy" and "Random Grainy" knobs in the top right of the UI
Yes we renamed them to Grainy and Random Grainy.

>>- add volume control for the effects you can trigger in the upper range of the keyboard
The FX slide controls the volume of those FX samples.

Double message, sorry. See below
Last edited by Tremendouz on Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the reply. Let me try to explain a bit better.

The FX volume slider must then have a bug for me (I'm using Reaper on windows 10) because no matter if I set it to minimum or maximum the volume of the scratch, silent press, downstroke noise etc. stays the same. I had the same problem in v2 already so I assumed I was doing something wrong.

Okay so the release time of 50ms is apparently unchanged but the solo mode works differently then. In v2 if you used solo mode and did not overlap the notes there was a larger "gap" between the two notes. Hear the sound examples I posted for comparison (right click the links to open on new tab)

Please make sure the noises you triggered were scratch and strokes? turn Rel and FR sliders to 0 (mute all of FXs) then try again.

We don't set a different release time in Solo mode.

I uploaded a couple of unlisted videos showing what I described.

The FX volume only seems to affect certain noises but not all. Here I adjust the volume from minimum to maximum but the stroke noises remain the same volume while some of the other noises get quieter https://youtu.be/irlTCAdare0

Here's a video clip comparing v2 and v3 solo mode https://youtu.be/LSfS_rg-ENk

As you can hear in AME2 the melody sounds more "blocky" in solo mode when not overlapping the notes but by adjusting the sample start time I was able to get to sound great. In AME3 the solo mode acts differently.

Thanks it is a bug that some FXs are not controlled by FX slider, we will fix it and add it into the next update list.

Stroke FXs are controlled by the Stroke knob on strummer panel.

We found the difference sound between 2 solo modes, we will take a look into it. there is an inside parameter - Stop Time, it works in Solo mode and another note on the same string stops the ring of current note, it is not release time but similar, we will check if it is different in v2 and v3.

Ample Sound wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:27 am Stroke FXs are controlled by the Stroke knob on strummer panel.
That's it! This explains everything.
Ample Sound wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:27 amthere is an inside parameter - Stop Time, it works in Solo mode and another note on the same string stops the ring of current note, it is not release time but similar
Interesting. Would it be possible to add a knob for that so the user could adjust it? The more there is to tweak the better after all

We fixed the stop time to a value, too long or too short will be a problem so we can not open this parameter.

Return to “Ample Sound”