Will Mac Catalina break AmpleSound Instruments running through Logic Pro?

Official support for: amplesound.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Will Mac Catalina break AmpleSound Instruments running in Logic Pro?

If yes, will AmpleSound release a free update to make it compatible?

We have not tested Ample Guitars on Catalina, we don't suggest that updating OS to Catalina until we release the new updates, it is free for charge.

Thank you, please keep us advised.

I purchased two Ample instruments, and appreciate the sound quality and flexibility built into the software. And am very glad to hear a free update will be available (hopefully soon) to enable compatibility with Catalina.

Ample Sound wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:54 am We have not tested Ample Guitars on Catalina, we don't suggest that updating OS to Catalina until we release the new updates, it is free for charge.
Thank you again. Do you have any idea how long we will need to wait for the Ample instruments to be tested for compatibility with Catalina?

Perhaps they will work fine without any updates?

I am a windows user but I receive mails from software companies with a warning not to update on catalina this also includes logic.

Tomcats Heaven wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:00 am I am a windows user but I receive mails from software companies with a warning not to update on catalina this also includes logic.
Yes, will be holding off for a bit, until the dust clears, hopefully soon...

Ed K wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:00 am Will Mac Catalina break AmpleSound Instruments
Oh yes, lots of hand wringing by the music audio companies on the evils of Catalina, which I'm not seeing with other system intensive software, like graphics/game development software, which I use.

So far, all of my AmpleSound plugins work ok inside of Studio One 4.5 running Catalina, but they were already installed when I upgraded.

FWIW, MusicLab released RealLPC V5 earlier this week and it installed from start to finish without a problem in Catalina. In fact, I've had absolutely no issues with any of my software running in Catalina.

Dave
My YouTube channel features my music and videos with AmpleSound acoustic and electric guitars and basses.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdu7S8 ... tQdqxOuAtA

dlgebert wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:57 pm
Ed K wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:00 am Will Mac Catalina break AmpleSound Instruments
Oh yes, lots of hand wringing by the music audio companies on the evils of Catalina, which I'm not seeing with other system intensive software, like graphics/game development software, which I use.

So far, all of my AmpleSound plugins work ok inside of Studio One 4.5 running Catalina, but they were already installed when I upgraded.

FWIW, MusicLab released RealLPC V5 earlier this week and it installed from start to finish without a problem in Catalina. In fact, I've had absolutely no issues with any of my software running in Catalina.

Dave
That’s great to hear, thanks for the update.

Can you also open and use the AmpleSound plug-in outside of the DAWS (directly opening AmpleSound) with Catalina?

Ample Sound wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:54 am We have not tested Ample Guitars on Catalina, we don't suggest that updating OS to Catalina until we release the new updates, it is free for charge.
Any further updates on testing by Ample?

Ed K wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:15 amCan you also open and use the AmpleSound plug-in outside of the DAWS (directly opening AmpleSound) with Catalina?
Ed,

I only use the plugins, so that I'm not sure about. I know their authorization program that is stand alone works ok. I believe a lot of the vendor's worry is more towards the change in the installation requirements and probably needing to create new install packages, but I'm not 100% sure about that...

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... lity-list/

Dave
My YouTube channel features my music and videos with AmpleSound acoustic and electric guitars and basses.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdu7S8 ... tQdqxOuAtA

We will check into the activation manager compatible issue in Catalina, try to fix it ASAP.
Thanks for your reports.

dlgebert wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:28 pm
Ed K wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:15 amCan you also open and use the AmpleSound plug-in outside of the DAWS (directly opening AmpleSound) with Catalina?
Ed,

I only use the plugins, so that I'm not sure about. I know their authorization program that is stand alone works ok. I believe a lot of the vendor's worry is more towards the change in the installation requirements and probably needing to create new install packages, but I'm not 100% sure about that...

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... lity-list/

Dave
Thanks... Yes, I noticed through my Mac that one of the AmpleSound activation programs is 32-bit. Was wondering the same, that maybe its just the activation/installation program that may be incompatible with Catalina. But if it has been already installed, it will work fine since the program itself is 64-bit(?). Sounds like that has been your experience. You are a braver man than me!
Last edited by Ed K on Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ample Sound wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:18 am We will check into the activation manager compatible issue in Catalina, try to fix it ASAP.
Thanks for your reports.
Would you please confirm with Kang that the only incompatibility with Catalina is upon activation/installation AmpleSound plug-ins, and that already installed AmpleSound plug-ins will run fine if installed prior to Catalina?

We tested Ample Guitar v3 and v2 on Catalina today, everything works fine but Activation Manager v2 doesn't.
Our v3 users can activate Ample Guitar with Activation Manager 3 without problem.
Only electric guitar series has not been updated to v3, but we will do it soon, before that, we will try to make a new activation manager v2.

Ample Sound wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:56 pm We tested Ample Guitar v3 and v2 on Catalina today, everything works fine but Activation Manager v2 doesn't.
Our v3 users can activate Ample Guitar with Activation Manager 3 without problem.
Only electric guitar series has not been updated to v3, but we will do it soon, before that, we will try to make a new activation manager v2.
Thank you for testing, and updating us with specifics!

Return to “Ample Sound”