interface not showing under Studio One plugin

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello All,
I am brand new to Ample sound, just bought the upright acoustic bass version. It installed just fine. I believe this is activated too. I plan on using it under VST3 which has been installed. My DAW is running Presonus Studio One V4 under Windows 7/64. Now when I launch Studio one, it successfully loads the AMPLE SOUND plugin. It shows up under my array of virtual instruments. I tossed that plugin into one of my instrument tracks that I already created. What happens is I hear bass, kind of, its fairly distorted. now when I click on that instrument to take a look at its interface, its a total black window. nothing shows up about the sounds, articulations or anything that might control this sound. What am I doing wrong?

It perhaps is a compatibility issue with your Graphics card.

please open settings \ display \

Disable UI Animations, and Disable OpenGL.

Please try it if the issue persists.

Quite a bit ago I was bopping back and forth between protools and Studio one. Both those applications wanted us to optimize our computers to target audio and streamline performance. Then, I disabled animations.. So that was done years ago. as for OpenGL. - I am not clear on what that is first. I have been searching my win7/64 for a hint of that to disable, can't find it to save my life. I kind of did an internet search on it for my version of windows, looks like its not really an option to disable. I believe I read somewhere where if you setup up your display for "windows classic" - which I am and have been, that OpenGL is disabled.. But I don't know windows enough to say and don't want to be good at it.. anyway, to the best of my knowledge, both are disabled and always was and its still not showing anything in the plugin window. Its definitely the correct bass sound. So its there and loading. I fixed the distortion issue. So I am 50% there.. I am setup also for a "generic VGA display" as that also fixed some issues with Studio 1. I am considering buying a new graphics adapter because if there are compatibility issues anywhere, seems like that the first place to look.. currently I have a GeForce NDVID 430. probably 6 years old at least. Not sure if anyone knows of other things I can try, but short of replacing the video card with a bit of luck, I don't see this working. Also if anyone has success with a specific video card, I would love to hear what this is.. salute! Joe

Thanks for reply, FYI, the Graphics card on Intel CPU(i7, i9) just is great, you don't have to buy a separated card.

Return to “Ample Sound”