Tabs in Riffer?

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

Very basic question, but I noticed in a video on your site (Ample Bass Riffer) that you can import and play tabs. I am familiar with playing MIDI files but have not seen Tabs before (I haven't used guitar vsts as yet). May I ask whether it is possible to import external tabs like you would a MIDI file and, if so, could someone please let me know where could find tabs in the right format for Ample Sound Bass products? Or is it a proprietary format so that only the tabs provided with the product can be played (I can see you can edit MIDI in the riffer which is like a piano roll in many ways, but I just don't see how you can edit tabs instead).

Thank you and apologies for the very basic question. I didn't find much training material on your site.

EDIT: found a short third-party walkthrough. It doesn't show how, but it does say tabs can me imported. All I need to do now is find good tab sources. Not a guitarist but I suppose there must be plenty of those around. I'll look but will take your recommendation too. Thank you.
Last edited by remi109 on Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Did you take a look at this, a bit old, but still useful? https://youtu.be/hzuhhy0o28Q

What is the latest compatibility with guitar gpro. Still Got and before? Thanks

pumafred wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:18 pm Did you take a look at this, a bit old, but still useful? https://youtu.be/hzuhhy0o28Q
That is fantastic. Thank you so much. It explains a lot and the Tab feature is absolutely incredible.

Why is there so little training material for Ample Sounds? Including third-party tutorials? It's a shame because once you realise just how powerful those can be AND you learn how to use them properly, they really are incredible.

Thank you for taking the time to answer. This has really opened my eyes.

Just Google for “Guitar Pro tabs”. Just like MIDI, you have to explore. There are paid and there are many many free, but of hugely varying quality. Good luck and enjoy!

Yep, started doing that. I started to experiment with exporting tabs to midi and the Tabs definitely sound better natively. Some articulations seem to get lost in translation. There are loads on Guitar Pro Tabs, but I want to get comfortable with them before buying them. In fact, I am wondering if it is not easier to get Guitar Pro and learn how to write tabs directly, using some bought ones as examples for learning notation.

Thanks a lot.

remi109 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:56 pmI am wondering if it is not easier to get Guitar Pro and learn how to write tabs directly, using some bought ones as examples for learning notation.
Exactly my thoughts these days! :tu:

Return to “Ample Sound”