Riffer - No palm mute in articulation ?

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Fairly new to using Riffer which is fantastic by the way. I am encountering a couple of problems. Maybe I need help with some settings. I am only using AME II at this time. I use protools 11 on a mac OSX. I am not using a midi controller so I am using my Amplesound as an insert/plugin on an instrument track. I have version 2.5.5 AME.

1) How can I create palm mutes in Riffer. When I select a note & open articulation options it doesn't show palm mute. Only options are sustain & slide in.

2) I would like to be able play existing audio, say a bass track, And write riffs along to it. I can sync tempo but can't seem to get protools to start together with ams at say the start of a measure. Can this be done? AMS stops when I hit space bar on a Mac but won't begin when hitting space bar ?

In Ample Sound Metal Series, the sustain samples and mute samples are in different velocity layers.

127: pinch harmonic
64-126: sustain
1-63:palm mute

Write a note on RIffer then change the velocity to 1 - 63, it will be PM.

The Riffer can not be played together with DAW, in current version, you need to drag Riff to MIDI track.

Ample Sound wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:37 am In Ample Sound Metal Series, the sustain samples and mute samples are in different velocity layers.

127: pinch harmonic
64-126: sustain
1-63:palm mute

Write a note on RIffer then change the velocity to 1 - 63, it will be PM.

The Riffer can not be played together with DAW, in current version, you need to drag Riff to MIDI track.
Would you consider adding a keyswitch option for palm mutes for AME in a future update, similar to how your other plugins work? I much prefer using C0 or any other keyswitch for activating mutes. Changing velocities for each individual notes is much more tedious in some DAWs.

Thanks Jkh, We did it in AME v3.

Ample Sound wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:07 am Thanks Jkh, We did it in AME v3.
There's an upgrade for AME II to v3? I only see updates up to v2.55.

We have not released Electric guitar v3.

Return to “Ample Sound”