MIDI recording in Reaper not working for Ample Guitar M II Lite

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
In Tab or Strummer mode, I cannot get midi recording to work for some reason. The sound is appearing on the faders in Reaper but nothing comes out on the track. The recorded track clip comes out blank. I have the Midi switch ON in the guitar settings screen. This happened when I tried to use this plugin in Cakewalk as well so I don't think it's just the DAW settings. Everything else I record comes through fine on the track.
I'm using the Lite version. Is it possible that midi recording is disabled there? Any help would be appreciated. I can't buy or use this product if this capability doesn't work.

Tab mode's purpose is to export Tabs to your DAW via drag and drop; not to record MIDI in your DAW.
Strummer mode's purpose is to create strumming patterns inside Ample Sound's GUI; not to record MIDI in your DAW. Patterns can be exported to your DAW via drag and drop.

I was able to solve this by setting my track output to MIDI in Reaper. That's right, the track output, not input. A guy on the Reaper forum had had this issue. I've seen others ask the question but no one else had answered it correctly so I hope this helps others too.

Thanks Sunny. I was able to drag the strum patterns in to the midi track, but I don't see how to drag the Tab clips into the midi track. Can you enlighten me there?

Same "drag to host" button you used in Strum Patterns. The cross with arrows.

I don't seem to have that button on my tab screen. I'll look around for that some more.
Also, does anyone else get mis-aligned tooltips that are unreadable for the most part, or is that something only I'm getting?

have a look at the manual! It's all in there.
https://www.amplesound.net/en/Ample_Guitar_Manual.pdf
page 60 and 66

Return to “Ample Sound”