Dragging next chord into DAW overwrites any set up before it

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi -

I recently downloaded the free version of AGM Lite II. I'm having a problem loading chords to Cubase.
I choose a chord in the chord bank (ex: #7, D major) and a strumming pattern (#6), preview it and then click the "Drag to host" icon and drag it into Cubase. That first one goes in fine. When I repeat the process for the next chord (G7) and put it in the measure next to that 1st D, that D has become a G and I have 2 bars of G instead of 1 D and 1 G. Any subsequent entries simply make whatever chord that was already created that new chord.

I saw a post dated last month where someone had the same problem in Reaper and had tutorial video attached. Her claimed to be doing exactly what was shown in the video to enter chords into his DAW.
The answer he was given was:

"...If you watch the piano roll in the video you will see that there are 2 rows of keyswitches that are being dragged into the DAW. The upper keyswitches are the strum pattern and the bottom keyswitches indicate the chord.
You have to look carefully as that bottom row is quite tiny and you might have missed it. But without the bottom row of keyswitches your chords will not change."

I'm not sure what "keyswitches" he's talking about and where they are. Please help.

Thanks.
Jeff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi - I gave the answer to the Reaper user so let me try to explain it to you. I am not sure of your experience level, so I will make this very simple - the KEYSWITCHES ARE NOTES that trigger the chord changes and the strumming pattern. You need to put these notes in a specific range. (I am at work now so I cannot tell you the exact range for each type of keyswitch but it surely in the manual.) Because these notes are in a particular range, they do not make any sound - they are only there to trigger the chord change and the strum pattern.

For example on your piano roll, you can enter a C note that will trigger chord choice #1 (of your 24 chord choices) and you can enter a C# (in a much higher octave) and that will play one of the 8 strumming patterns.

I suggest you look in the manual and see where the keyswitch ranges are located. Hope that helped you.

yes, thanks

Return to “Ample Sound”