Beeping every 60 seconds

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've installed the 3 electric basses, Jazz, Precision and YinYang. I get an audio beep every 60 seconds or so, in all 3 basses, which overrides a note and sometimes makes the daw transport jerk. I've uninstalled the 7 day demo. I've uninstalled the 3 basses and re-installed them. I still get a beep. What is that?

Thanks, otherwise a great product, love the riffs.

BTW all my emails to service@amplesound.net bounce. 3 days now.

"Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<service@amplesound.net>:
Unable to deliver message after multiple retries, giving up.

--- Below this line is a copy of the message. " etc. etc.

Sorry we have no idea about the "audio beep", it is not something in our system, may I ask your mail address?

Thanks for getting back to me.

It only occurs when Ample Sound bass is running and it interferes with the bass notes only. However I have determined that it isn't from the Ample Sound product's audio channel- the beep doesn't record when I record only that bass track, even though I can hear the beep.

I'm working on re-creating the problem in a brand new daw file and haven't been able to re-create it and haven't found the source yet. It sounds like an FX that thinks it is unregistered. It may just be something crazy that happened from loading and unloading too many vsts in the original daw file. I was using that file as a template and copied it to create many projects, so I was hearing the beep in every file.

Ok, I found the problem. I had Sonar Platinum set to auto-save every 10 minutes or 30 changes. Every event in a Riff or Tab file played inside Ample Sound Bass is counted as a "change", so while auditioning riffs or tabs, the system was auto-saving the entire project file every 4-5 seconds. After about a minute of this, the system puts out a weird beep as the audio engine fails to keep up.

Turning off auto-save, or putting it to 500 changes or so while auditioning riffs or tabs, fixes it. The problem doesn't occur while playing the same riff or tab dragged into the daw as midi.

Well, that really isn't it either, the beeping continued after a while. Increasing the speed of auto saves does sometimes make it worse. It's so random I haven't been able to really figure out where it comes from. I have a Sonar project with only 2 tracks for ABP and no FX, and it beeps on and off, but doesn't record the beeps. It's kind of making me nuts.

Thanks for your explanation, may you try Ample Bass in another DAW? just is a small test -
https://www.reaper.fm/

Ok, finally solved, I hope. My Ample Bass programs and samples were loaded on a hard drive, and I moved the sample library only to an SSD. No more strange tones, and the programs load much, much faster. Lesson learned!

You are using a macbook pro? please notice that one USB port of MBP only can be connected to one HD or one Audio interface, if not the sound is beeping.

FusionFanatic: be more careful with your personal data. Don't publish your email address (unless it's a business address). Use PM.

Lol. That email address is 15 years old-- it's all over the internet. What's going to happen to it? SPAM? Horrors!

Return to “Ample Sound”