AGT Riffer MIDI into Cakewalk crashes DAW

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just got the latest update of Ample Guitar T (AGT 3.0), and whenever I try to drag the Riffer MIDI notes into Cakewalk's track and hit play, Cakewalk will crash and close.
This is the latest version of Cakewalk (formerly known as Sonar) Cakewalk by BandLab.
I might be doing something wrong, I don't know, but when I drag 4 measures of MIDI notes from Riffer, it condenses those 4 measure into 1 measure on the Cakewalk timeline. I make sure that the tempo and meter are the same in both the plugin and host. Yet it crashes every single time.

Any suggestions on what I can try to fix this?
Thanks for any help!
Leee

Thanks for your report, we will test Riffer in Cakewalk next week, it would be helpful if you could send the Riff to service@amplesound.net

I too am having Cakewalk crash when dragging a midi into a project. Has anyone found a solution. I'm at my wits end trying to solve this. My interface soundcard is a Roland Quad Capture (24bit 192khz), Daw set at 16bit 44100. no idea what ample sound bit rate is

Thanks for asking, the new riffer support import and export MIDI feature. please export MIDI instead of dragging in Sonar.
111.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For those who are get trouble with crash issues with Cakewalk, please try to use VST2 instead of VST3 for now, as VST3 is much more unstable and it may take a long time for us to fix it.

Also Logic Pro x 10.4.4 crashes when i open Ethno Ukulele riffer, when I click dice. First sound disappears and then it crashes. I have a demo version and I think if I dare to by this virtual instrument. Otherwise it feels very good...

Andy[Ample Sound] wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:22 am For those who are get trouble with crash issues with Cakewalk, please try to use VST2 instead of VST3 for now, as VST3 is much more unstable and it may take a long time for us to fix it.
I only see ample guitar listed as a VST3 in Cakewalk, how do I get VST2
Additional issues: If I place a MIDI riff at the start of measure 1 it crashes when i hit play
: if I use Ctrl+spacebar to start and stop play cakewalk crases
: placing the now time curser anywhere within the clip and hitting play crashes the DAW. So far not to happy!

Please remove VST3 plugins in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

Then VST2 will be available in DAW.

Same problem here - but it works fine if you don't put the midi at beginning of bar 1. Drag it over to measure 2 and plays fine.

Update / Clarification: The playhead must NOT be over top of the Riffer track when you press play.

I have just purchased AGM and I use it with Cakewalk (WIndows10 - 64bit). I have the same problem, the riffer crashes.
How do I remove the VST3 plugins *cleanly* in WIndows10?

Do I have to completely uninstall the plugin and reinstall it with VST2 plugins only, or is there a faster way?
(P.S. I have the AGM.vst3 file in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 directory, but I do not have any AMplesound vst2 plugin in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2 directory. Is it normal? Is it possible that I decided to install the vst3 plugins only? Should I uninstall and reinstall everything from scratch?)
Thank you very much!

Thanks for asking.

1. Remove C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\AGM.vst3

2. The vst2 is C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins\AGM.dll

Thank you for your quick reply.
In the C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins\ folder I have the "Ample Guitar M.dll" file. Is this the file you mean?
Do I have to copy that file anywhere before launching Cakewalk again? I noticed that if I just erase the "AGM.vst3" file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3, the plugin won't start.

Thank you again!

Rasco66 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:42 pm Thank you for your quick reply.
In the C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins\ folder I have the "Ample Guitar M.dll" file. Is this the file you mean?
Do I have to copy that file anywhere before launching Cakewalk again? I noticed that if I just erase the "AGM.vst3" file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3, the plugin won't start.

Thank you again!
Please, ignore this message.
I sorted things out.
Thank you again.

Yes the Ample Guitar M.dll is the same as AGM.dll

If we used AGM.dll the Cubase etc DAWs don't show the full name Ample Guitar M in the plugin list.

Return to “Ample Sound”