Ample Sound guitarr Riffer and Reaper keyswitches same?

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ABA II

Hello,
It's a guitar question using riffer.
I think it's ok about the similarity of keyswitches between Reaper and Ample Sound but I want to be sure :
-you open riffer ;
-you use the cross symbol first left to drag and paste the riff in one of reaper track (ample sound guitar being the vst-i installed on this track).
- you find yourself with few keyswitches on you Reaper guitar midi lane.
Do they correspond all of them to Reaper switches?
I think so but a few years ago, it was not the case. Like for example Ample sound C0 was C-1 in Reaper, etc.
Thank you very much.

You can adjust Reaper to match Ample Sound's keyswitches. Go to Reaper preferences and under MIDI SETTINGS the first item is MIDI Octave Name Display Offset and you can change it to match Ample Sound.

But why bother? The better approach is to use NOTE NAMES to make a file that will let you see the keyswitch names in the piano roll. (Seeing the actual keyswitch name is a lot easier than trying to correlate notes to the keyswitch function.)

You mean like a keymap? Because I am used to set up note names the way you graciously described, but do you mean like having actually "sus" or "nh" appearing on a key of the piano roll? Actualy that would be great indeed.

Return to “Ample Sound”