ghost strums

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I am getting "ghost strum" when using the strummer (see JPGs). In this example, when I put strum keyswitches on D4 and E4 (with a chord switch on C1), the strummer plays the strums at measure 18 but adds a softer stum at 18.3 and an even softer strum at 19. You can't see the ghost strums happening in strummer view. I am new to Amplesound, so it may be operator error. Could it be a bug? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Zaffer
ghost strum_02.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

We tried it but can not reproduced the problem, the attachment is the exported MIDI, everyone can try it.
Strum001.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Amplesound,
Thanks for testing this for me. I ran the same test with my Amplesound MIDI file in an empty project and got the same results as you -- no ghost. So, I started experimenting more. Turned out to be operator error. Please see attached JPGs. I had put two volume spikes in the guitar strums VST automation lane at measures 18.3 and 19 that I forgot to delete. I also had cranked the Rel/Mute all the way up to 16 in the strummer. The combination produced my "ghost" strums at measures 18.3 and 19. Problem solved. Thanks for your help.
Zaffer
deghost_01.JPG
deghost_02.JPG

Return to “Ample Sound”