How do I make a full strum work with lower velocity in AGM2?

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I'm experimenting creating my own strums in Cubase's piano roll rather than in the piano roll in AGM2.

I've programmed a note on C1 to choose my chord, a note on C4 to trigger a full downward strum, and a note on C#5 with a velocity of 78 to simulate an arpeggio.

I have a velocity of 68 on the C4 note (to simulate a softer played full strum), but it only plays the first three notes of the arpeggio. To get the full strum, I have to program higher velocities, but then the strum sounds too strong. Shouldn't all C4 notes play a full strum, and the velocity just adjust how hard the strum is played?

Thanks again for your time and help.

Nevermind - my mistake - I see that it's the velocity that triggers the number of notes played. Thank you.

Further to this, is there a way when programming a C4 note to have a full range of soft to loud strums, like you do when programming velocity in AGM2 piano? It seems from velocity 96-127 you have a range of chord strengths, but not the same range as the piano roll in AMG2.

Hi, in the current system, to strum all strings, the velocity of C4 has to be greater than 95.

Best regards.

Thank you for your reply.

Return to “Ample Sound”