Ample Sound - Chord detection for Strummer "REQ"

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

to be honest if Ample Sound has an Option to Play Piano Chords and let the software detect the chord and just play it.. I will buy most of the Guitars,, without having to play another key for the strumming pattern, like a simple mode or something like that. just play the chords in any key of the keyboard like "RealGuitar 2 from MusicLab" simplify everything.

I know it has and option to detect chords. but you have to play another key at the same time.. =( ... and sometimes you are in a Oct Up or Down.. and you accidentally play other key..and you chance some else in the program and the Workflow Stops there.. when making music on the Fly.

Simple Mode. that will be fantastic.

Hi, you can switch to solo mode and toggle on keyboard mode to play chord like a piano.

I know but it will not play the strum rhythm that way.. with all the strummer effects..

Ample Sound Guitars Software can't do that yet.. Like Native Instruments - Strummed Acoustic
you Pick up a Guitar strum rhythm, and then play the chord.. not 1 key where you program the software to make certain keys use certain chords. "no"
actually playing the chord. and choosing a strum rhythm.. in the "strummer tab" in Ample..
then play any chord in any place of the keyboard and play the strumming chords rhythm selected before..

it is a very simple approach.. less complicated.

this 2 software have that Option..
Native Instruments - Strummed Acoustic
MusicLab - RealGuitar 2

I think it is a Shame because Ample Sound is Simple Superior than anything else on the Market.
but it can’t do that simple Task.. when you are making a song on the fly Sometimes that Option is the Best One..
then when the inspiration is gone.. you can’t program wherever you want..

Thanks for your suggestion. We will consider to support it in the future.

there's no update for this suggestion yet? right,
I think it will be a great update, like a simple mode, chord a pattern and just play chords..
without worrying to play another note and swith on or off something else =) .. to create music that is a very effective way,
chord detection, =)

Bumping this REQUEST. Need a way to play live with one hand instead of two.

Suggestion: This could be implemented by using a new "Detect" mode, where each keypress within a detected chord advances the strum pattern by 1 step. So, you program your strum pattern first (creating the up/down stroke pattern and velocity but ignoring the rhythm/timing -- note durations will be triggered manually by keypress). Then play a chord which is detected. Each time you press at least one note within the detected chord, the next step in the strum pattern is played (like a round robin). So the rhythm of your strum pattern is determined by your key presses within the chord, and the articulation of the strum is determined by the strum pattern, advancing one step on each keypress within the chord. This way, you can form a full chord by detecting just 3 or 4 notes, still take advantage of the "28 ways to play" but allow the rhythm of the strumming to be manually controlled (not slaved to host Tempo). You could take this one step further, and allow a footswitch to change to solo mode, so you could play individual notes while the footswitch is down, and strum chords when the foot switch is up (or vice versa, selectable).

This would work well for live playing with one hand, and a quantize function could be applied later to clean up any midi recordings if needed.

Make sense?

yes sounds good.. but too complicated.. will be great if AMPLE SOUND could make something like a "simple mode" .. choose a guitar pattern and play chords and your are done.. like all the rest of guitar instruments from other companies.. kind of sad because none of them sound as good as Ample Sound Guitar products.

Thanks for your suggestion, what does simple mode mean?

Not sure if it's what you need but look at JS Midi Strum https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=186766
or Mildon Strummer http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=2388
you input a chord and it will send midi out to Ample.

You can send Midi Out from MusicLab's RealGuitars to Ample.

Indiginus Renegade Acoustic is still on special at the moment it now has chord detection for strumming and you can create your own patterns.
http://indiginus.com/renegade_acoustic.html

Thanks.

I totally agree with this topic. Nevertheless Ample Sound provides the best sound, but it is not easy to use for beginners. Not all of the music producers are good at playing VSTi. Personally, I have been using MusicLab's RealGuitar series. Although their sound is not real, but it is the easiest one to use. Plus, they provides really good tutorial videos. The most important fact in the guitar VSTi is (especially electric guitar) how to make the techniques easy.

I tried to use Ample Sound guitar series several times, but gave it up as it was not easy to use. Hope they improve it in the next version.

+100 on this, a lot of "rhythm" Guitar virtual instrument have this like the old Virtuel Guitarist & bassist from steinberg now UJAM bass and guitar all the Session guitarist for kontakt, Musiclab Real guitars etc.... for beginner's in music like me it's a very good workflow; I will love to have this in riffer...
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 11 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 13 / VEP7 / 24 ch X-Touch / Console 1 /Metagrid Pro / Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2 / Roli Seabord

Return to “Ample Sound”