AME Pinch Harmonics/Pinch Squeals?

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't see this in the articulation list but maybe I'm missing something? Seems like something you would have standard as part of a Metal guitar series. I know the competition has it, which I own, but I like the sound of AME and would like to not have to supplement with other VI's just for those times I might use a pinch squeal. If it's not there it would be a welcomed update. I own AGG and AGM and this one is looking hard to resist(:

The Pinch Harmonics are in velocity 127.

Perfect, thank you!

All electric guitars have Pinch Harmonics, There is a AH/Pop button beside the articulation list, switch it to AH(the default setting is Pop), and play notes with velocity 127, you could trigger Pinch Harmonics.

Hello!

I bought AME to make singback tracks for a show. I know very little about guitar playing techniques and there is a special tone i hear quite often in rock and I wonder if it's possible to achieve with AME. I tried Pinch Harmonics but it did not sound right.

Whisper by Evanescence, last note of every bar in the intro. (c)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj6fKvVSfq8

It is pinch harmonic. Notes with velocity 127 can trigger it.

I thought so at first but it sounds way too high. 127 generates a harmonic 2 octaves above but in the Evanescence song it's just some kind of coloration. Or is it the amp sim that makes that difference? I use Logics Amp Designer and Pedal Board.

There are many kinds of Pinch Harmonics, octave, 5, 3... sorry we can not record all of PH.

Ok. Thank you for the explanation.

Ample Sound wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:05 am All electric guitars have Pinch Harmonics, There is a AH/Pop button beside the articulation list, switch it to AH(the default setting is Pop), and play notes with velocity 127, you could trigger Pinch Harmonics.
i did not find the AH/Pop switch. its the first time here i read about this. I have AME since 2017 and now newest. is this switch in newer versions gone ?

I think the harmonic on AME sound not good when press only a single note. My workaround is play root note and the fifth note both with vel 127. then it sound very good and simular to squeals on some notes. for example. c +F sound best and bring the often hear ooooooooo sound. other note combination i think sound not so good as squilies

but i like do it play with single notes if this is possible, when i find the AH/Pop Button. so please help
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Thanks for your reply, the AME v2 doesn't have Pop sample group, so there is not such a switch on AME.

We recorded AME Pop samples in v3.

So AME V2 have always switch AH on ?. how does the pop harmonic(that was in V1) sound. is there video or audio ?. I mean a not so strong harmonic, so the root note can hear. please hear in this youtube video at 3 min 20. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EopxzIU1POQ later there are some notes that let not hear the root note and contain only harmonic. thats whats in AME v2

or maybe it is possible in V3 that the harmonic in V2 can mix with a prefs setting to the root note, or it is mix depend on velocity(when for example 110-127 is used for harmonics). so it is possible to have many harmonics style as on real guitar play. but mostly the harmonic is used that let hear the root note too
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Return to “Ample Sound”