Work in Garageband

Official support for: amplesound.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've got the same problem. Is there any solution?
Shadowlink wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:43 pm Hello,
I am working with Garageband Version 10.3.2. Unfortunatly when I start the Ample Guitar II Lite plugin, I get the error message that the samples couldn't be loaded and I have to set the correct Instrument Path to the Samples. I installed the Ample Sound Library under /users/shared (The default location). The plugin is still not working and not playing any sound. When I run the script which is provided in the second post of this topic I get the error message that there is no such file or directory.
The strange thing is that AS-Host works just fine. Is there anything I have to setup in order to make this plugin work with Garageband?

When I open the settings in the plugin window I see Instrument Path: FileNotFound. I click on it and change it to /Users/Shared/AMple Sound/

If i leave the settings now and reenter them the path I just set is gone.
Thank you for your help in advance!

Best Regards!

Ample Sound wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:51 am Press enter and type the administrative password, which you use to login and install package.
How do I find the password for ample guitar lite m ii?

adiaz2047 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:08 pm
Ample Sound wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:51 am Press enter and type the administrative password, which you use to login and install package.
It’s the one you log in with...

adiaz2047 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:08 pm
It just is the password you login your mac.

Ample Sound wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:06 pm Please follow these 3 steps:

1. Make sure you have three ".plist" files in "~/Library/Application Support/Ample Sound" for each product.
2. Create a folder called "Ample Sound" in "~/Library/Containers/com.apple.garageband10/Data/Library/Application Support/" (if it is not already existing), then copy the ".plist" files from step 1 to this "Ample Sound" folder.
3. Enter the command "sudo chmod -R 777 ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.garageband10/Data/Library/Application\ Support/Ample\ Sound" (just copy the whole line without quote mark) in Terminal.
(To quickly go into the folders above, just click "Go - Go to Folder" from top of the screen when in Finder, then type the folder address without the quote mark)

Then restart GarageBand and set the correct Instrument Path.

Please let us know how it goes.
This one worked for both Guitar Lite and Bass lite on my Garageband 10.1.6, OSX 10.10.5. Thanks guys!

Ample Sound wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:06 pm Please follow these 3 steps:

1. Make sure you have three ".plist" files in "~/Library/Application Support/Ample Sound" for each product.
2. Create a folder called "Ample Sound" in "~/Library/Containers/com.apple.garageband10/Data/Library/Application Support/" (if it is not already existing), then copy the ".plist" files from step 1 to this "Ample Sound" folder.
3. Enter the command "sudo chmod -R 777 ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.garageband10/Data/Library/Application\ Support/Ample\ Sound" (just copy the whole line without quote mark) in Terminal.
(To quickly go into the folders above, just click "Go - Go to Folder" from top of the screen when in Finder, then type the folder address without the quote mark)

Then restart GarageBand and set the correct Instrument Path.

Please let us know how it goes.
I did all these steps and entered the password, but garageband is still the same. What am I supposed to do next to find the plugin?

Please open a Terminal and type 4 commands as below:
1. cd ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.garageband10/Data/Library/Application\ Support/
2. mkdir Ample\ Sound
3. sudo chmod -R 777 Ample\ Sound
4. cp ~/Library/Application\ Support/Ample\ Sound/* Ample\ Sound/.

Please be aware of the output after you input the commands, and make screenshots for the error&warning messages if there is any.

I'm having the same problem, have tried creating the folders but Ample Sound still doesn't show in the audio units in Garageband. Any other ideas? not sure what I'm doing wrong. The standalone ASHost is working fine.

jimhenleymusic wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:40 am
Michael AD wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:58 pm Do you have MIDI OUT turned on in AGM III's preferences?
Thanks. I did figure this one out with some help from the Facebook support folks. I've been able to both drag strum patterns to the grid and play them through my MIDI keyboard.

Jim
Do you mind share how you do it after all? I'm facing the exact problem too. Thanks Jim!

Hi.

Well, I had that same issue 7 and I just followed your instructions with the terminal and it started to work but... in a completely crazy way. If I open a new project (Garageband vs 10.3.5) or a new track with ample guitar M II it works well except the strummer option that just don't work and as soon as I choose the main option again, the black keys don't work and the keyboard it's completely deconfigured. Can you help me with this? The MacOS vs 10.15.7.
Tanx

Paulo

Hi, is there a work around in Reason 12? i have tried installing and uninstalling many times but when launch my DAW program Iam able to see the VST in my devices but, however, when I try to load it nothing happens except for one time and I was able to play the virtual instrument but then it stop functioning and froze.

I tried using these instructions even though they applied only to GarageBand but I figured I try it out anyway.

1. cd ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.garageband10/Data/Library/Application\ Support/
The folder “~/Library/Containers/com.apple.garageband10” doesn’t exist on newer versions of Mac, and it must be replaced with “~/Library/Containers/GarageBand”
2. mkdir Ample\ Sound
3. sudo chmod -R 777 Ample\ Sound
4. cp ~/Library/Application\ Support/Ample\ Sound/* Ample\ Sound/.

Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Return to “Ample Sound”