Recording Sample Rate

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm curious, what sample rate do you use when recording (or rendering to Audio) VI's such as the Ample Acoustic Guitars?

Hi, we recorded them at 44.1kHz.

What actually happens when I run my Logic project at 48K? Is each sample being converted to 48k when it is loaded into memory or is conversion happening over and over each time I play a note. Who does the conversion? Ample or Logic?

Are the samples accessible or encrypted? Could I convert them all with Izotope to 48k?

Our system will automatically convert the sample rate to 48khz.

Yes, I know it does. But I'm wondering about the effect on my system. If it happens once when the samples are uploaded to memory then it is a one time CPU hit. If it happens over and over every time I play the same note, then it is a continual CPU cost.

I'm just trying to weigh the cost of moving to 48k

Since CDs are now basically vintage technology, it seems to me that 44.1k is kind of silly at this point, as video requires 48K, and iTunes takes 48k, and 48k is slightly better. Nothing is keeping me at 44.1k except some sample libraries. And I have questions such as the CPU cost of using 44.1k samples in a 48k project. What is the sound quality cost, do the samples sound worse with real time sample conversion? It seems like a one time intensive conversion with a good sample convertor such as izotope would be better than continual real time, and the CPU cost would then not exist.

Return to “Ample Sound”