virus in new update

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My anti-malware and virus program keeps catching a bad thread in the new update for Ample Guitar Riffer .

anyone else noticed this?

We promise that our software are safe, the virus report is mistake.

Yes there is a problem with this update

I use a paid full version of AVG Internet security and as soon as I try and install this update it blocks it and removes it and puts in to a secure folder marking it as HIGH RISK VIRUS

I then tried to install it by disabling AVG , it then goes through the install process and seems to install but when you open up the VST it shows the version number as the old version and not the updated version. As soon as you turn the AVG Protection on again it instantly removes the update and blocks it and removes the installer as well !

So it does seem that you have a problem with this update.....

I'm running windows 7, 64 bit and its fully up to date and my AVG is fully up to date

Ample Sound wrote:We promise that our software are safe, the virus report is mistake.
I get the virus warnings, too. Could you at least describe which part/thread makes the AV spit out warnings?

Hi Ample Sound users,

Ample Sound softwares are built on a clean machine which is dedicated to the purpose. We have tested our products with various anti-virus software and only very few of them would report virus related to "FileRep" (as far as we know). The same virus has been reported for some widely spread softwares, including some famous games. So we believe it is a false positive, i.e. a mistake by the anti-virus software.

We will try to contact the anti-virus software which has reported virus and help fix this issue.

Best regards.

...I think you should also contact microsoft...

1. Installation open up a window that you´re installer still using or looking for some 2010 redistributable files on a clean Win10 install...I´d got this message...
2. If you´re really tested your actual installer with a few antivirus software packages you might forget microsoft Windows 10. On my clean 10 Pro installation. A Windows message appeared in a big red square, that this software could damage my computer and my personal data could also beeing involved.

...Sorry guys...I really like your instruments since I´d saw them for the first time in a friends studio...I don´t wanna try trials and surely will not put a few bucks into this software before this is for sure...a false alarm.
Even this friend got the same issues with the latest update and won´t update his version.
Some antivirus software suites and Microsoft Windows 10 have find something "strange"...so don´t blame them and fix YOUR code.

therealarclight wrote:...I think you should also contact microsoft...

1. Installation open up a window that you´re installer still using or looking for some 2010 redistributable files on a clean Win10 install...I´d got this message...
2. If you´re really tested your actual installer with a few antivirus software packages you might forget microsoft Windows 10. On my clean 10 Pro installation. A Windows message appeared in a big red square, that this software could damage my computer and my personal data could also beeing involved.

...Sorry guys...I really like your instruments since I´d saw them for the first time in a friends studio...I don´t wanna try trials and surely will not put a few bucks into this software before this is for sure...a false alarm.
Even this friend got the same issues with the latest update and won´t update his version.
Some antivirus software suites and Microsoft Windows 10 have find something "strange"...so don´t blame them and fix YOUR code.
I got this exact same warning (Windows 10: "A Windows message appeared in a big red square, that this software could damage my computer and my personal data could also beeing involved.") when I ran the AGG demo installer from the website yesterday, even though I had previously scanned the download and the scan was clean. I think Windows doesn't like the self-extracting installer.

What worked for me: Use 7zip to unzip the downloaded file to a new folder, then run the unzipped installer in the new folder. No warnings, no popups, installed fine.

I get something similar when trying to install the Ample Guitar Gibson v2.51 Trial. A big red Windows message says "Malicious file - This application may cause damage to your device. Sensitive personal data may also be at risk"

Has anybody confirmed for sure that it is all clear and safe to install? I'm very keen to purchase with the current sale but I'd like to trial it first and don't want to install anything with even the slightest chance of messing with the PC.

Hi Ample Sound Users,

We have tested our installers with the anti-virus software you have mentioned, but none of them detected virus or malicious file, which is quite strange. We are in contact with anti-virus software companies, but to figure out the problem, the virus reports are needed.

Therefore, we kindly ask you, who have experienced virus alarm, to send us the screenshots of the detailed virus report, as well as the version of the anti-virus software (e.g. the ABOUT page), to help us solve this issue.

Please send the screenshots to: eli@amplesound.cn

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Eli

AVG and Avast always get false positive, they would have fixed it by now in a definitions update.

I downloaded the latest version of the AG12 installer and this message came up:

“'AG12_3_1_0_Installer.pkg' can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software."

I've seen this window when trying to open e-instruments libraries for Kontakt 6, too, so I don't know what's going on.

I upgraded my iMac OS to Catalina recently, so maybe that might have something to do with it? Are AmpleSound libraries Catalina-compatible yet?

Go to Apple menu > System Preferences, and then click on the Security & Privacy icon. Under the General tab, look in the setting for “Allow apps downloaded from” and you should see that the app you tried to open was noticed by the operating system. Click the Open Anyway button to open that new app

Return to “Ample Sound”