Ample sound with MIDI guitar problems (2 questions)

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I've just bought a Fishman Triple Play after having seen the Youtube demo of Ample sound with a MIDI guitar. As some of you may know, recording properly an acoustic guitar is a pain in the neck and I thought it would be a great solutions to my problems.

Now, it KIND OF works, but it's still very glitchy and I have 2 questions :

1) the interface of the V3 of Ample sound Acoustic guitars (be it AGM or AGT, I have both) is much less clearer than the V2 one, I think anybody would agree on that, therefore the settings they show in the video are not so simple in the V3. If I use the Strummer tab, it plays chords randomly and uses the MIDI guitar as a trigger, not as a guitar. So if someone knows the settings for a Guitar MIDI controller, please help me.

2) When it DOES kind of work (with AGT it's kind of fine, but not with AGM), there is a BIG detection problem, namely if I do standard chords, the guitar will play the notes on the higher strings as higher fretted notes on the lower strings, so obviously the sound is very different. Is there a way to make the guitar stick to the strings and frets I'm using ? I use "open strings priority", but it doesn't help much. I also set the MIDI guitar in the settings, with strings identified from 1 to 6, so I don't understand why it's not detected as such.

Thank you for your help !

PS : I'm using Cockos Reaper.

Return to “Ample Sound”