Wrong consonant for Hmmmmm?

Official support for: realitone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, for Cheryl only my Realivox Ladiy seems to be "K mmmmmm" not "H mmmmmmm" . All the other Ladies know what they are doing. Is it just my system?
Thanks

I'm testing here now and Cheryl's "Hmm" sounds like Hmm here, although on a few of the pitches, the H is a little harder than others and might sound like a K?

I just tried each pitch in Cheryl's range using "hmm", and all of them sounded like "hmm" to me on my system.

However, she definitely does pronounce it differently from the other Ladies. I tried all of the singers for the sake of comparison, and the others all pronounce it with a very subtle, almost silent "h". Whereas Cheryl emphasizes the "h" and puts a little more breath behind it, so it sounds more like "humm" than "hmm".

Because of that difference, I also noticed that if you have two of the Ladies sing this syllable at the same time and one of them is Cheryl, it does almost sound like she is singing a different syllable (even though it isn't).

I agree it is different from the other Ladies. To me, it just sounds wrong. She seems to saying "come" instead of "hmmm". I tried adjusting the attack and if i remember correctly adjusting the "H" did nothing but adjusting the "K" did alter the sound. I would have to check again when i get back to the computer. Wonder if downloading the samples again would help.

Ok, went in and adjusted the attack to >60 and now sounds more like "hummmmm". At least it is usable now......

I've been checking into this and there appears to be a bug that the "H" attack slider doesn't effect the "Hmm" groups. We'll fix that whenever we do the next update.

In the meantime, if you have the full version of Kontakt, you can do it manually by clicking the wrench icon, then select Cheryl's "Hmm" group (Group 142) and adjust the group Attack parameter there.

Thanks Mike! Will do...

Return to “Realitone”