Enhancement Request: Multi-track MIDI export for RealiDrums

Official support for: realitone.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It would be a big time saver for me if RealiDrums offered support for multi-track output for the MIDI drag & drop export (in addition to single track MIDI export which is what is currently supported). A separate output track for kicks, snares, hats, rides, crashes, toms, percussion, and brushes should be sufficient. It would also be useful if RealiDrum supported output MIDI channel configuration for each individual output track; most of the time, I would set all tracks to output to the same MIDI channel (usually channel 10), so this configuration would be a useful shipped preset to have. Having extra flexibility in a product is generally a good thing... different strokes for different folks, right?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

I've been looking into this since your email and I think it's doable. (I also come from the days of drums on MIDI channel 10, by the way. :D )

I can't promise anything, but I'll try to add it to the next update, although that won't be released until this fall.

Mike Greene wrote:I've been looking into this since your email and I think it's doable. (I also come from the days of drums on MIDI channel 10, by the way. :D )

I can't promise anything, but I'll try to add it to the next update, although that won't be released until this fall.
Thank you Mike for considering this enhancement request. I know you will accomplish it; you have my utmost confidence! :tu:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote:
Mike Greene wrote:I've been looking into this since your email and I think it's doable. (I also come from the days of drums on MIDI channel 10, by the way. :D )

Thank you Mike for considering this enhancement request. I know you will accomplish it; you have my utmost confidence! :tu:
Hello Mike! Just checking in. Is a RealiDrums update still on schedule for a fall release? :hyper:

I sure hope so. ;)

Mike Greene wrote:I sure hope so. ;)
Will there be new drum styles in the forthcoming update?

tonedef71 wrote:
I believe so. We had worked on this a few months ago, but had to suspend work when some other things came up, and I can't remember what exactly we did and didn't do yet.

hi,
+1 for this one. Having Multi-track MIDI export would be super handy!

Mike Greene wrote:
tonedef71 wrote:
I believe so. We had worked on this a few months ago, but had to suspend work when some other things came up, and I can't remember what exactly we did and didn't do yet.
Hi Mike:

Do you have any news to share with us all regarding the progress of the next update to RealiDrums?

I really hope the drums are improved. I know it has a lot of fans but none of the drums did anything for me. I really wanted to like it because of the usability but alas if the sound is not for me it's no good. Some more hard rock, fuller drum sounds would tempt me back.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

tonedef71 wrote: Hi Mike:

Do you have any news to share with us all regarding the progress of the next update to RealiDrums?
It should be out this fall. It's a pretty big update, so it keeps taking longer. I know this has been a while, though, so if we don't get it finished soon, we'll release an "in progress" update that has some of the stuff like separated MIDI Drag&Drop outputs.

Hi Mike:

I see that RealiDrums is currently on sale for $99. Do you have any news to share with us all regarding the next update to RealiDrums?

The update will likely be 1st quarter of 2019. I was going to release it this fall, right after the Fingerpick update, but the setup and release of that Fingerpick update resulted in over a thousand support emails (that's no exaggeration, it's literally over 1,000), so we need to come up with a better way to carry it out.

The problem is that we changed shopping cart systems and there was a LOT of unanticipated confusion about it that was specific to the update. First, when we entered the existing Fingerpick customers into the new "Customer Accounts" system (so they would be upgrades, rather than new customers who would pay full price), we didn't realize they would all be sent emails when we added them to the database, thanking them for "their purchase," as if it was a new purchase. What a nightmare, as many thought they'd been hacked and had been charged again.

Then, these new "Customers Accounts" (we didn't have them before) will be great ... when they're finished being set up. But right now, lots of these people are trying to "log in," but they can't yet. (Actually they can, but they have to create the account first, which is easy enough, except most people don't realize we never had accounts before, so they think they already have an account, so they think they simply lost their password ... even though they never had one ... and even after that, when they do log in, the only product we've entered into the database so far is Fingerpick, so that means even more questions about "Where are my other products???" and ... ugh.

The lesson learned here is that we need to get that all set up beforehand this time. It's a massive process, because it's a lot of old orders to enter, and unfortunately, there is no way to avoid each entry getting a new "Thank you for your purchase!" email. So we'll need to send out emails ahead of time warning people not to worry. With Black Friday and the Holidays, now is probably not the time to do that, so I think we'll release after the new year.

Mike Greene wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:35 pm The update will likely be 1st quarter of 2019. I was going to release it this fall, right after the Fingerpick update, but the setup and release of that Fingerpick update resulted in over a thousand support emails (that's no exaggeration, it's literally over 1,000), so we need to come up with a better way to carry it out.

The problem is that we changed shopping cart systems and there was a LOT of unanticipated confusion about it that was specific to the update. First, when we entered the existing Fingerpick customers into the new "Customer Accounts" system (so they would be upgrades, rather than new customers who would pay full price), we didn't realize they would all be sent emails when we added them to the database, thanking them for "their purchase," as if it was a new purchase. What a nightmare, as many thought they'd been hacked and had been charged again.

Then, these new "Customers Accounts" (we didn't have them before) will be great ... when they're finished being set up. But right now, lots of these people are trying to "log in," but they can't yet. (Actually they can, but they have to create the account first, which is easy enough, except most people don't realize we never had accounts before, so they think they already have an account, so they think they simply lost their password ... even though they never had one ... and even after that, when they do log in, the only product we've entered into the database so far is Fingerpick, so that means even more questions about "Where are my other products???" and ... ugh.

The lesson learned here is that we need to get that all set up beforehand this time. It's a massive process, because it's a lot of old orders to enter, and unfortunately, there is no way to avoid each entry getting a new "Thank you for your purchase!" email. So we'll need to send out emails ahead of time warning people not to worry. With Black Friday and the Holidays, now is probably not the time to do that, so I think we'll release after the new year.
Yes, I remember receiving that confusing e-mail regarding Fingerpick. Thank you for the back story; I found it very enlightening; I can now understand the challenges you are dealing with.

Although not really my cup of tea with respect to music production, I was curious how sales have been for that other new Realitone product, Hip Hip Creator. Apart from the NAMM exposure, there has been little promotion for it; is it still an ongoing work in progress?

tonedef71 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:44 pmAlthough not really my cup of tea with respect to music production, I was curious how sales have been for that other new Realitone product, Hip Hip Creator. Apart from the NAMM exposure, there has been little promotion for it; is it still an ongoing work in progress?
It's still not officially released. People can buy it, although I discourage it, because it's still the rushed pre-release version I made with no sleep a few hours before NAMM.

Interestingly, though, even though I consider it to be a flawed release, of the hundred or so people who have bought it, there have been no refund requests. Not one. For all our other products, we get at least one or two refund requests for every hundred we sell.

Return to “Realitone”