Realivox Blue hangs Kontakt 5

Official support for: realitone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought the Kontakt Player version of Blue back in January, have made a few tracks with it, and intend to make a lot more. Then in June I used it to crossgrade to Kontakt 5 full version, and a week later crossgraded to Komplete 10.

I'd imported Blue as a library into Kontakt Player as soon as I'd installed it and it has worked fine for 6 months, though I'm unsure if I've used it since upgrading.

Today I started porting a track of mine from Ableton Live 9 to Studio One. To recreate the Blue track I dragged Kontakt 5 into the Studio One interface to automatically create a new track and a console channel for it. Then I dragged Blue into Kontakt's main interface and it hung. And because it hung, Studio One became unresponsive and I had to use Task Manager (64-bit Windows 7 SP1) to close it down.

So I tried it in Kontakt 5 standalone and it still hung. I then re-ran Kontakt, removed Blue from the librarly list, closed Kontakt, reinstalled Blue completely, added it back as a library, and dragged it into the main Kontakt window. It hung again. I checked other instruments and they all load and play with no problems.

Is this behaviour likely to be because I did the crossgrade? Has anyone (Mike?) any ideas as to what might be going on or how to solve the problem. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Thanks. There are no disk errors.

I decided to try loading Blue into the standalone Kontakt 5 again, and this time I left it to see what happened. It eventually loaded and was usable, but took around 10 minutes in total to load. So it's not actually hanging, as I originally thought. But why so slow?

As you probably know, the Kontakt Player version should work perfectly in the full version of Kontakt (that's what I use), so that's not your problem. The transition can sometimes be problematic, though, so it was a good idea on your part to delete Blue from the Library list, then add it again.

10 minutes is a really long time to load, though. This most likely means that Kontakt has the sample addresses for Blue a little out of whack. In other words, it thinks each sample is at a slightly different location than it really is. So for each of the 12,000 samples, it has to readjust the load, which takes a bunch of time.

At least that is what I think is happening. :D

Luckily, the fix is pretty simple. Once you have Blue loaded, then do a "Save." (Just re-write over the existing Realivox Blue instrument.) Then the next time you load Blue, Kontakt will read this new version, which knows the correct sample locations, so it should load pretty quickly.

That sounds exactly like what it must be doing. I'll try that when I get home tonight. Thanks for your help, and thanks for a great service.

I got home. :-)

This time I launched Kontakt 5 standalone and launched Blue. And this time I timed it. It took around 3 minutes for the Blue interface to appear and a further 3 minutes for the samples to load in. The lady must have been lurking in the forum and got the message. ;-)

So I saved it over itself, closed down the instance, and reopened a new instance. It appeared in a second or so. So I closed down Kontakt and ran Studio One, loaded an existing project and added a Kontakt on a new track. Blue loaded in a second or three again.

Whatever magic this resaving is, Mike, it's good magic. Thanks again from a happy Blue user. :-)

Return to “Realitone”