Sale: Ladies?

Official support for: realitone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I noticed Realitone is having a sale, but it looks like the Ladies are still listed at the standard sale price of $295. Not sure if they've ever been sold for the regular $395 price?

A major update is mentioned. What will the update entail?

Will the Ladies go up to the regular $395 price when the update is released?

Thanks for any info/tips about it.
Last edited by Musical Gym on Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

The update for the Ladies will hopefully come out by the end of next week. It’s a really big update, although I’m reluctant to give a lot of specifics right now. I figure it’s better to sell what you can actually see and hear, rather than sell promises. (When we release, there will be a walkthrough video, of course.)

This update will be free to existing customers, and it will have a $295 introductory price as well, so there’s no real pressure or advantage to buy now or when released. You’ll pay the same either way, so I would buy now if you can use it now, or else I would wait if you don’t need them just yet.

Thanks Mike. Will probably buy at some point, especially with new features.
Sorry you couldn't break them down into single ladies and sell individually.

I haven’t completely ruled out the idea of splitting off the Ladies into separate products, but the idea has a lot of challenges to it, so I’d be reluctant to do it anytime soon.

The biggest issue is pricing. The price for a single singer would need to be low enough to be attractive, but at the same time, high enough so that buying the full Ladies set is a “good deal.” In other words, if I sold individual singers for $59 each, then people would be unlikely to buy the full set. They’d just figure which singer(s) they really need, and just buy that one.

That’s bad for three reasons: First, I’d make less money. Second, I’d make less money. :D

Third, part of the power of The Ladies is in the combinations. I believe that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, so it would be kind of a shame if that became a route that no one took.

The other pricing issue is that Blue complicates things. For the reasons I just mentioned, I can’t price an individual Lady too cheap, but at the same time, I also can’t go too high, because then it wouldn’t make sense compared to the price of Blue, which is a significantly more complex product.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying it couldn’t work to split the singers, I’m just relaying the thoughts that are going through my head about it.

No to slave trade!
No to selling individual ladies!
:x :P

Sounds like some good reasons not to split up the group. Especially like reason 1 and 2.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it. Not sure if the topic is beneficial to others or not. If not, it's ok with me if you want to delete it.

Jim

Delete the topic? And waste all the brilliant writing we've done??? Heaven forbid! :D

I'm open if you want to delete the topic for your own reasons, of course, but I kinda like having it here because I think it's helpful in that I like to be as transparent with Realitone as possible. People may not agree with particular decisions that I make, but I welcome the opportunity to discuss it and explain my reasoning. Plus sometimes as I write a response, I see flaws in my reasoning, so that's helpful, too. As I was outlining why we don't split the Ladies, for instance, I realized that it might make more sense to do it than I originally thought. It would still be a challenge, but it got me thinking about it again.

Eureka! You opened it!

I was thinking the topic wasn't very beneficial, but I see your points. Thanks for being open to new ideas.

I'll modify the title since Black Friday is past if that's ok with you.

Thanks again

Hey Mike,
its Postings like this, that contribute to the high esteem Realitone as acquired - providing great products, have an ear to the customers, be transparent and open in what you think. Not to forget the little smile here and there...
So keep on going with taking your business serious, without taking yourself too serious ;-)!

Thanks HardyP! :)

Return to “Realitone”