best way to create the word "outside" in Realivox Blue

Official support for: realitone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

To get blue to sing the word "outside" I've split it up like this:

"aht" for the word "out" and "sah", "eed" for the word "side".

I wondered if "out" would be better as something like "ahwt" but there does't seem to be a way to add a "w" after the "ah".

And "side" maybe as "sahyd" but I don't think its possible to add a "y" after the "ah".

Just wondering if there is a better way to do it than I have used?

Thanks.

We're still working on the upgrade for Blue, and believe it or not, we've been doing diphthongs (vowel transitions) this last couple weeks. Those will make words like "outside" infinitely easier, although it will be a couple months before we're finished and can release Blue 2.0. (It's way more complicated than I expected and is taking forever.)

In the meantime, I would use ah-oot-suh-eed. (For long I, the "official" pronunciation is ah-ee, but uh-ee sounds better.) Your idea of using w and y is an interesting one. Our current scripting won't allow it, though, as you already know. It would be nice to add, but really complicated, because we never recorded w's or y's into other consonants, so we'd have to piece those together, which is time-consuming, from a coding standpoint. Probably possible, but at this point, the diphthongs we're doing right now will sound way better and will be done sooner. "Soon" being relative, of course. :D

Thanks a lot for those suggestions, I will look forward to the next version:)

Mike Greene wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 4:32 pm (For long I, the "official" pronunciation is ah-ee, but uh-ee sounds better.)
Thanks for the tip! I wish tips and instructions like these were in the manual, or somehow included with the product.

In the next version, can you add the "I" vowel sound to the vowel set? Being forced to use two syllables to create a one-syllable word is sub-optimal.

Or can you find a way to combine the two syllables into one (ai), like a diphthong, rather than hearing both syllables (ah-ee)?

Thanks for your great work on this amazing library.

saintdufus wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:15 am
Mike Greene wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 4:32 pm (For long I, the "official" pronunciation is ah-ee, but uh-ee sounds better.)
Thanks for the tip! I wish tips and instructions like these were in the manual, or somehow included with the product.

In the next version, can you add the "I" vowel sound to the vowel set? Being forced to use two syllables to create a one-syllable word is sub-optimal.

Or can you find a way to combine the two syllables into one (ai), like a diphthong, rather than hearing both syllables (ah-ee)?

Thanks for your great work on this amazing library.
Thank you for the kind words! In the update (it will be out this fall), we're making the "eye" sound (and "ow" and a couple other dipthongs) much easier, although it's still tricky because when we make it a single syllable, we'll have to select when it transitions from uh to ee. Typically that transition is right before the next syllable, so depending on how long the "I" syllable is, the timing will vary.

For example, sing "I see you" very slowly. You'll notice you hold Uh (of "I") for a long time and then transition to ee right before singing "see." Yet if you sing "I see you" fast, then the uh is only held for a very short time. We have to account for that variation in the engine. We have come up with a couple ways to do that, but ... it's a challenge. :D

In the meantime, if you haven't already seen this video, it might be of help:
“Fly” with Realivox Blue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaVe4LiC0LU

Thanks Mike! Looking forward to the update.

Me too!

Mike Greene wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:01 pm In the meantime, if you haven't already seen this video, it might be of help:
“Fly” with Realivox Blue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaVe4LiC0LU
Thanks for that!

Return to “Realitone”