SupaTrigga REQUESTS and BUGS thread

Official support for: smartelectronix.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

my ibook is soon to be gone!

Plzzzzzzzz Supa Devs can we have an update for the intel macs...

To not have the supatrig at my side is gonna hurt.

btw it's my absolute fave plugin ever. 8)

EDIT: SupaTrigga is now a UB!!!! My worries are over.. Thanks Bram.
Look Hands, no Ma!

So is the supatrigger only getting support for OSX? the version i have has no interface, i was wandering if there was gunna be any more updates for this, btw U.N.K.L.E uses this plug in.

How can I set Supatrigger so that it applies a tape stop effect on beat 4? I can only get it to trigger on beats 2 and 3, depending on what granularity slice i use.

Thank you,
Sean

Oh, and I'm using Live 5.2 for Mac

any updates for this prog?

I dunno if anyone else is seeing this. 6.0.1 on intel macosx (macbook 2.0GHz/1GB/5400). When I switch supatrigga on with the button, top left of supatrigga, the cpu meter jumps up 5% and the audio glitches.

This is with internal audio and audiofire2. Playing with the settings for latency don't seem to have an affect.

Anyone else see this or can suggest a way of stopping it?

This plug in is fantastic !
Any chances of the additions on the front page being implemented ?
Has anyone heard from Bram for a while ?
I don't have anything against gravity but it really does weigh me down

fivetones wrote:I dunno if anyone else is seeing this. 6.0.1 on intel macosx (macbook 2.0GHz/1GB/5400). When I switch supatrigga on with the button, top left of supatrigga, the cpu meter jumps up 5% and the audio glitches.

This is with internal audio and audiofire2. Playing with the settings for latency don't seem to have an affect.

Anyone else see this or can suggest a way of stopping it?
Also having this problem in ableton, which is really annoying as i'd like to use the plug live whilst djing.

Basically whenever i switch the plug-in on there's an audible silence.

Would be great to fix this as it's a unique plug-in.

supatrigga uses a buffer, so it is in the nature of how it works that you get those issues, and i doubt there can be done much about it..

there's a trick though to work-around this which works quite well with all audio-buffer-related plugs.

1. add 2 sends in live (A and B)
2. insert the utility-plug (live native) in send A
3. invert the phase of both channels in the utility plug
4. in send A set the send volume to send B to full
5. add supatrigga to send B
6. you can now use send A in any track to toggle the effect

why all this and how does it work?
with this trick supatrigga is always on and continuously records to it's buffer and so it doesn't get the glitches when turned on after being bypassed.
what happens is that send A kills the original signal because it adds an phase-inverted signal to the master. but because it also routes the original signal to send B, the already running supatrigga in this send now affects the audio.

p.s.: iirc this "utility-trick" has been mentioned in the live forum and there were some screenshots of how to set that up.

Thanks for that RAW. I saw that trick on the Live forum and thought it would be perfect to stop that glitch while the buffer spools up.

Cheers

you're welcome! :)
i use that trick quite alot, but i already have my own version of it using energyXT as a vst. now i only need 1 send to get that working while the phase-thingy and fx are inside energyXT.. too bad eXT is win only. (well, eXT2 will be linux, too ;))

Interesting they went for linux support over OSX.

Cheers for the tip R.A.W.
I'll have to check to see if a similar approach works in Cubase 4, as I adore both Suppa Trigga and LiveCut.
I don't have anything against gravity but it really does weigh me down

woodster wrote:Cheers for the tip R.A.W.
I'll have to check to see if a similar approach works in Cubase 4
should be no problem, you perhaps could accomplish that with group-tracks (long ago since i used cubase)

R.A.W. wrote:supatrigga uses a buffer, so it is in the nature of how it works that you get those issues, and i doubt there can be done much about it..

there's a trick though to work-around this which works quite well with all audio-buffer-related plugs.

1. add 2 sends in live (A and B)
2. insert the utility-plug (live native) in send A
3. invert the phase of both channels in the utility plug
4. in send A set the send volume to send B to full
5. add supatrigga to send B
6. you can now use send A in any track to toggle the effect

why all this and how does it work?
with this trick supatrigga is always on and continuously records to it's buffer and so it doesn't get the glitches when turned on after being bypassed.
what happens is that send A kills the original signal because it adds an phase-inverted signal to the master. but because it also routes the original signal to send B, the already running supatrigga in this send now affects the audio.

p.s.: iirc this "utility-trick" has been mentioned in the live forum and there were some screenshots of how to set that up.
cheerz for that. do you have the link for the Live forum in regards to this topic?

I'm using Cubase 4 on an intel mac osx 10.4.9, and can't get supatrigger to show in the effect menu for inserts, anyone got any ideas? I recently ported over from windows XP and used this plug so many times on many tracks, so to be without it is a bit of a kick in the shins....

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Return to “Smart Electronix”