Resonic Player Slow Startup? (Solved)

Official support for: liqube.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dude, what happened? All of a sudden I'm getting ridiculously slow startups in Resonic Player. I checked out the information on your site, and disabled those idiotic Windows 10 features and still very slow startup. Gargantuan bummer!
Last edited by Orbit-50 on Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Nothing happened that wasn't before since startup was barely touched in the last release. It might just be Resonic restoring the last played file from a slow location. Hold down CTRL while starting up to see.
liqube · resonic · pro + player

Funny enough, nothing happens when I press control while opening Resonic Player 0.9.3.1806. I'm using all Samsung SSD drives so speed should not be a problem. This is just weird.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Temporarily rename your Documents\Resonic\Player Beta folder, then start the program. The folder will be recreated on the 1st run, don't play anything, but if it still starts slowly on the 2nd and 3rd run after that it is unlikely that it is caused by the program itself. If you haven't already look into your virus scanner, or temporarily disable it or create an exception to make sure this is also not it.

That did it man! Thanks!
Hey, I want to try the demo of Resonic Pro. Can I send you a PM with my info?

Sure

To everyone still having similar issues: it's worth mentioning that there were other reasons for slow startup that crystallized over the last months. They all got fixed in the upcoming release and for some users an accumulating startup of up to 20 sec (in extreme cases) dropped effectively to <0.5 sec.

Return to “Liqube Audio”