DrumDrops Kontakt Disco Kit Midi CC4 not changing HiHat sound

Official support for: drumdrops.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can see my midi cc 4 changing the HiHat CC Position in the DrumDrops Kontakt Instrument, but the sound of the Hat isn't changing.

There's no power switch for the Hat CC, so I assume it's always on.

Since I can cc the Hat position change on the mapping screen, I think there has to be a problem with the instrument itself.

Help.
DL

Thanks for your post about this.

We are aware of the problem with the hi hat of the Disco Kit and we are working to fix it now, so there will be a fixed version of the kit soon.

Apologies as this problem wasn't picked up in testing.

I'll let you know as soon as it's fixed.

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding the kit or any other Drumdrops products.

I noticed the same is true with one of your other kits. So hopefully this is a fix in the instruments and not the sample set and one fix will fix the others. Also, what is the Midi note for Tip and Shank with CC control? I can't find it in the interface nor documentation (definitely needs to be documented).

Thanks, dave

Hi Dave,

Can you let me know which kit and I'll take a look?

Cheers,

Ben.

Can you answer my question above: What is the Midi note for Tip and Shank with CC control? I can't find it in the interface nor documentation (definitely needs to be documented)?

I think Vintage Folk Rock Kit doesn't work. But without knowing exactly which note for tip and shank is mapped for CC control, there's no way I can be sure.

Hi Dave,

I assume you're referring to the V-Drum MIDI Map?

The Vintage Folk Kit hi-hat tip is mapped to note A#1 and the shank to note D#0.

You can find these articulations in the mapping section labeled as HIHAT CC and HIHAT EDGE CC. You can map these articulations to whichever note you like.

There are charts for the all the different MIDI maps included in the user manual.

I'll have a check of the kit today but it was tested with both Roland and Yamaha E- Kits and no problems were found with the hi hat at the time.

Cheers,

Ben.

We have just updated the kontakt pack of the Disco Kit to V1.02. It should fix any outstanding v-drum mapping issues. Login to your accounts and download the latest version.

Thanks

Return to “Drumdrops”