Format differences

Official support for: drumdrops.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I want to buy some kits but which format is the best?

I got Kontakt 5 but is the BFD packs worth the money of buying a full BDF3 drum sampleplayer?

I can see that Kontakt packs has Roundrobin but less velocity samples and perhaps Kontakt uses more CPU?

I would think that BFD3 is the best format at all but one should not understtimate the power of Kontakt 5 though it is a standard sampler.

Anyone who has DrumDrops kits in Kontakt 5 and BFD3 formats?

From Drumdrops perspective it all depends what you have. If you have both pieces of software then it is which one you prefer to use. BFD has advantages of swapping individual drums in and out. Kontakt has our own instrument included which from the Vintage Folk Rock kit includes our version 2 instrument which is really slick. They both have the same amount of samples (pretty much). Kontakt has less velocities but loads of round robins - but we just use the round robin samples to give you more velocities in in BFD.

There are a few customers who have bought both - but I will have to let them reply.

Our new kontakt instrument also plays very nicely with v-drum kits (if you use one). You can really tweak the hi-hats very well for any v-drum kit and the snares.

Enjoy which ever one you buy :)

BFD3 version is more flexible and controlablle IMO. Kontakt is much less user friendly to use.

Return to “Drumdrops”