Soul Kit Can't Be Installed Without An Advanced Degree In Computer Science

Official support for: drumdrops.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I purchased the Round Badge Soul Kit 5 Pack and I can't use it, as it is an incomplete software product. This product lacks a proper installer. I have tried for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours to simply load this product into Kontakt and nothing works. Every time I try to import the library into Kontakt, Kontakt tells me "no library found". So, I have a completely unusable product. I really wish developers would notify potential buyers when their product lacks a proper installer, because I don't like to buy incomplete software. Unless you are an advanced computer scientist and happen to somehow know extremely complex, manual installation techniques for third party Kontakt libraries, steer clear of this product. Trying to install this product made me have to take a Klonopin. :( I can only assume all of their drum kits lack a proper installer, so buyer beware.

I'm afraid I can't help with the Kontact problem as I'm a BFD user.
I must say though that the BFD instillation was easy and quick.
I can't imagine why the Kontact version isn't the same.
Hope someone comes to your aid soon.
Have you contacted support?

Hi Irby,

Apologies for the delayed response - just seen this.

The Soul Kit isn't a Kontakt Library and can't be loaded in that way.

The way to load the kit is pretty simple...just unzip the download file and drag and drop the instrument file (.nki) into the Kontakt window or double-click on it. There is no installer. The kit will then load into Kontakt as long as you have the latest full version.

There are further installation instructions included in the user manual.

Try this and please get back to me if you're still having problems...

Cheers.

Ben,
I have a similar problem only with Battery3. I have placed the "Samples " folder in the Battery folder. So far the only way I've found to load the Round Badge Multi Velocity is to right click in a cell and "Add sample." I'm on Win7 64. I'm not allowed to add a folder just individual samples and I can't even "select all" (for some reason, neither shift nor Ctrl works) but have to load samples one at a time.
Got to be an easier way.

Thanks for your time,

Todd McKinney

Hi Todd,

Which pack did you buy?

Cheers,

Ben.

Gretch 1960's Round Badge soul kit multi velocity pack. I originally downloaded the pack a year ago and was unsuccessful in loading it but I thought it might be XP64, which is, apparently, the "OS from hell!" I don't remember any exe. file coming with it, only the numerous sample folders. I did just read the manual and I selected the samples folder is in the main browser and the individual folders in the middle browser. But then it says "Select Choose at the bottom of the window and your kit will load." Where is the Choose button in B3? I don't find it or anything similar to it in the Browser section or anywhere else on the GUI.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Todd,

I would put the Samples folder back in it's original location so that Battery knows where the samples are located. What happens when you double-click on the Battery patches supplied in the folder? Do the kits not open?

Cheers,

Ben.

Return to “Drumdrops”