Big R dub kit BFD

Official support for: drumdrops.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I purchased the dub kit yesterday, and wanted to say how much I'm enjoying it.
I got the modern folk kit earlier on in the week, (my first drumdrops purchace) and was very disappointed. The dub kit has given me confidence to buy more of your packs in the future.
Nice work, well done, thanks.

Glad you are enjoying the kit so much. Shame you didn't dig the Modern Folk kit. What didn't you like about the Modern Folk Kit as a matter of interest ?

It was the amount of ambiance, even on the close mic's.

I've started recording a reggae album, (full production) and the "dub kit" is doing a fantastic job! I'm finding it easy to program the grooves with your samples.

Thanks.

The modern kit is a brighter kit recorded in a brighter room than most of our kits (as we say in the description) - however you should be able to control the ambience. The close mics should get rid of the ambience. Are you sure there isn't some room mic left on somewhere ? I can ask our engineer to look at this.

I'll take another look at it.
To be honest, after the first couple of hours trying to get what I wanted from it I left it alone.

OK I will ask Ben to take a look and message you here.

The Modern Folk Kit was recorded in a much more ambient room that the Dub Kit and so of course you would expect it to be a more ambient sounding kit but there are ways that you can reduce the ambience of the kit.

Firstly you can mute or turn down the room mics in the ambience section of the mixer.

Secondly/Alternatively you can turn down the ambience/OHs in the Ambient Mics section for each individual drum. These turn all the way of just giving the dry signal except for the bleed mics.

Thirdly you can trim/mute the bleed mics of the kick and snare on the kick and snare channels.

If you do all of these you will get just the dry signal of the close mics.

Return to “Drumdrops”