All Kontakt Samples - .Wav Format

Official support for: drumdrops.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I've looked at your kits a few times and I really like the fact that you include all articulations of the cymbals. However, I can't bring myself to buy them.

My dilemma: I want all of the Kontakt samples but I don't want to use Kontakt. As the Kontakt kits come with samples in .ncw my only other choice is the 'all samples' pack. But I don't want to by shed loads of samples that I don't want only to end up with less than the full kit's samples.

Would it be possible to have either the Kontakt kits available with .wav samples or the full sample set available in another pack?

If you own Kontakt, you can buy any of our kits and then re-save the kit samples as wav files.

All you need to do is save the kit and select patch + samples and make sure that the compress samples box is un-ticked when you save.

Kontakt will then save a copy of the samples into a separate folder as wav files.

I'll have to discuss whether or not to sell the Kontakt Pack files as separate wav files - I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,

Of course, if I owned Kontakt and wanted to use it, I could save .wav files as .ncw if I wanted to. ;)

Hi there

Understand your dilemma but we won't be selling the full kontakt set of samples outside kontakt or BFD where they are all used. We want to keep the full set exclusive to these packs.

The All Samples pack is the next best thing as this has 3 of the 5 round robins included and therefore most of the samples. Appreciate we don't sell this pack on its own but the number of people who request this is very small.

I appreciate there will be a lot of stuff in the All Samples pack that you will get that you don't need but we feel they are still well priced. We will keep reviewing customer requests and if we feel there is a need to offer a standalone pack of most of the samples we will. Thanks...

Well that pretty much resolves my dilemma. If you simply want your full sample sets to be exclusive then I simply won't be buying any of your kits.

Cheers.

That's a shame.

Maybe try the All Samples pack of the Yamaha kit which is 50% off the rest of the kits and you will get a feel for how the kit sounds with this many samples. They still sound pretty amazing with 3 round robins...

Yeah, this is why it was initially a dilemma. But I'm afraid it's a point of principle now.

Sorry.

Return to “Drumdrops”