Opinions about Cherry Audio Voltage Modular

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Particularly, the sound quality. It seems to have a large number of modules with a fair amount of variety, but I was wondering how *analog* (ducks, runs for cover) it sounds. Is the modulation audio rate?

(Yeah, I'm aware of the dedicated thread for Voltage Modular, but I didn't want to wade through ~100 pages to find the pertinent information.)
A well-behaved signature.

Sounds good - has it's own character and is very distinct from VCV, Softube, Reaktor, etc..

The stock modules are slightly weak but I find the PSP ultimate pack to be a powerful add-on that really enhances what you can do and some of the newer factory modules sound much more refined.

If you need great sounding filters there's the Vult pack and if you need great sounding VCO's there's one called MRB I think.. pretty sure he did the Zeroscillator for Cynthia or something like that.. seems he knows how to make some high quality circuits-listen to his sound demos and you'll hear a richness and depth that's a bit uncommon for softsynths imo.

Supposed to be some Black Friday sales coming up - so keep your eyes peeled.

JerGoertz wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:06 pm Particularly, the sound quality. It seems to have a large number of modules with a fair amount of variety, but I was wondering how *analog* (ducks, runs for cover) it sounds. Is the modulation audio rate?
Everything is audio rate, there is no distinction between different kinds of signals (audio, modulation, etc.). So, for example, you could modulate anything with an audio signal if you wish. :) But I guess all/most software modulars behave this way nowadays.

If you are after an ”analog” sound, and especially the unstable/drifty/imperfect side of it, may I blatantly use this opportunity to invite you to check out my Drift Pack, which specializes in these kinds of things: https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/the-drift-pack

Captain wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:59 pm
JerGoertz wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:06 pm Particularly, the sound quality. It seems to have a large number of modules with a fair amount of variety, but I was wondering how *analog* (ducks, runs for cover) it sounds. Is the modulation audio rate?
Everything is audio rate, there is no distinction between different kinds of signals (audio, modulation, etc.). So, for example, you could modulate anything with an audio signal if you wish. :) But I guess all/most software modulars behave this way nowadays.

If you are after an ”analog” sound, and especially the unstable/drifty/imperfect side of it, may I blatantly use this opportunity to invite you to check out my Drift Pack, which specializes in these kinds of things: https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/the-drift-pack
Thanks, will check it out
A well-behaved signature.

Captain wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:59 pm Particularly, the sound quality. It seems to have a large number of modules wIf you are after an ”analog” sound, and especially the unstable/drifty/imperfect side of it, may I blatantly use this opportunity to invite you to check out my Drift Pack, which specializes in these kinds of things: https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/the-drift-pack
Your Drift Pack is incredibly useful. I cannot recommend it highly enough to VM users!

Captain wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:59 pm
Audio rate signal path is a necessity for every piece of software worthy of the name modular (except reason :lol: ) .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Search for the Nucleus version, its often free, then just demo modules and buy the ones you want
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Amazon: why not use an alternative

I think it's great. I think cherry make really good sounding oscillators (that sound snalog in a way most softsynths don't, thick and pillowy, where most analog emulations are hard sounding). There are a ton of great filters available. Those are the most important things for me. Making polyphonic patches is mostly easy as well.

Sound quality and ease if use is great, as well as the fact that it's a vst plugin and not solely standalone. I haven't had issues not being able to create patches from the ideas in my head, but I also don't do generative stuff so I can't comment on that.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”