[synthedit] txt file importvto gui

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would like to make a VST for the following purpose. I have my vst 2s stored by category (filter/modulator/delay/reverb. glitch. samplers, synths, etc. This works great, except some plugin devs like to install all their stuff together, regardless of what it does, so I have a "company category as well. Other times, a multifunction plugin might fall in two categories, for example, a compressor/distortion unit, or a modulated delay that goes from echo to chorusing and flanging.

I have a ton of plugins and can't remember them all, so these categories are helpful, but I want to make a dummy plugin that can be placed in a "real" category" that lists all the plugins that qualify for that category that are in other places. So for example, I want a gate plugin, and I want to compare several, let's say for attack time. I have five gates in the gate category proper, another under company "airwindows" and another under company "melda" When I drop this no dsp plugin into a project and open the GUI, it will load a text file with the list of other vsts and their location, in this case, Melda and AirWindows. I want to be able to edit the text file so I don't have to recompile the plugin every time, and Ill make the same plugin with different pludIDs for however many I need.

I'm a rank newbie to SE development and I have figured out how to get the graphic to display the text, but I am not sure how to read a list from a file and display it as text in the GUI. I am attaching the layout, such as it is. I would appreciate any advice on how to go about this properly, including RTM if you could be so kind as to direct me to the correct section of it. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
my experimental improv duo, rreplay.
more of my music
occasional experimental sound blog all things vst, guitar synth, and more.
The Digital Guitarist.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”