Tangle

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The more I get into synthesis, the less I realize I know, but I have worked with a number of "modular" soft synths, and Tangle continues to be amazingly the simplest - it's, in my humble opinion, almost genius. I know quite well that there are problems/bugs/issues on other systems and there are a number of teed-off people (it was delivered as a beta with warnings for only $25), but I'm having no problems whatsoever with logic/High Sierra. True, too, that the developer was most likely overwhelmed with the vastness of problems he encountered with plethora of DAWS and systems, and Tangle is lying dormant (I just don't think it's abandoned, though...but that's probably being optimistic, I realize).

For $25, though, it's such a steal - and maybe the best-looking and practical synth to work with - at least in Logic, especially with it's resizing-within-a-resizing-window. Anyway, I do hope Tom is doing well and returns to this ambitious project.

Only 25$? Is it for Windows?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Yeah, check out the demo and see if it works okay for you (of course).

http://sound-guru.com/software/tangle/

Thanks i will :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Buyer beware, there is little to no response, updates or support from the developer.

This seems to be the trade off with his software and the low-price.

Is he AWOL or something?

Halonmusic wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:56 pm Is he AWOL or something?
Maybe I was typing through rose-colored keys above, but I did try to say - without trying to turn this thread into a Sound Guru bashing, that people have reported issues and that the plugin is "dormant" at this juncture. My point was that it runs perfectly in Logic on High Sierra, and that it's a brilliant synth. Too, as I said, try the demo before you buy, because, technically, the consensus is that the developer is, as you put it, AWOL.

If you're looking for something that work on Mac then you could also consider Audulus (although it's twice the price of Tangle). It's in current development and you can exchange your work between MacOS and iOS.

Bodhisan wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:40 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:56 pm Is he AWOL or something?
Maybe I was typing through rose-colored keys above, but I did try to say - without trying to turn this thread into a Sound Guru bashing, that people have reported issues and that the plugin is "dormant" at this juncture. My point was that it runs perfectly in Logic on High Sierra, and that it's a brilliant synth. Too, as I said, try the demo before you buy, because, technically, the consensus is that the developer is, as you put it, AWOL.
Ok thanks.
Forgotten wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:13 pm If you're looking for something that work on Mac then you could also consider Audulus (although it's twice the price of Tangle). It's in current development and you can exchange your work between MacOS and iOS.
Im on Windows but thanks anyway

Is it fm or true phase modulation ( dx style ) ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Isnt FM and phase modulation technically the same thing?

Nope. Technically, the math behind them is not the same (when you look at it more generally), and methods of implementing them (at least in hardware) are different.

Do you have a source? Would love to read more about it

Halonmusic wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:18 pm Do you have a source? Would love to read more about it
Seriously ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:54 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:18 pm Do you have a source? Would love to read more about it
Seriously ?
Yeah whats the problem?

Return to “Modular Synthesis”