VCV Rack V1 Released!

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

must be a dev build?
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Really nice update. Particularly the way they implemented poly. I was afraid we'd end up having to daisy chain modules. Like the little workflow improvements too.

Right now, I'm really looking forward to official VST support in v2. Will happily plunk down the $99 for that update when it's ready.

Sadly, it looked like they broke their "Host" plugins. Since these were paid, I'd hope they fix this.

Host modules dev has fixed them and I expect they will be updated in the plugin manager today.

ML modules are now up (and Valley for those missing their favourite reverb + new module Feline). Chronoblob too.

Anyone else having problems with the (included e-series ) chaos cloud oscillator refusing to play in poly mode ?
The output cables remain thin
Weird , because it is included with the 1.0 package
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I haven't heard that it has been converted for poly.

Not a coder myself but you can check the recent commits here to see if you can see anything:

https://github.com/VCVRack/ESeries/commits/v1

Same with audible instruments
Doesn't really makes sense to me , half of the modules are not (yet ) availbale because these are not updated ,which is logical .
But why include modules that can't take poly ?
Eyeball exchanging

I think there is a question over turning Eurorack modules poly if they weren't built that way in the first place.

That said, Andrew has invited anybody who wants to to have a go with the source. He doesn't have time.

Martin Lueders is converting the Befaco modules to poly.

Only modules with the Polyphony tag are polyphonic.
VCV Rack, the Eurorack simulator

This is weird , all of a sudden I am able to play poly voices without the use of the sum module
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:19 pm This is weird , all of a sudden I am able to play poly voices without the use of the sum module
Modules are regularly being updated to play nice with polyphony. Host FX no longer requires a Sum module (as of last night) for example.

I am talking about the standard vcv modules and some vult filters ( no effects used ) , maybe these didn't need a sum module in the first place
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:44 pm I am talking about the standard vcv modules and some vult filters ( no effects used ) , maybe these didn't need a sum module in the first place
Exactly right. If the module is polyphonic, chances are it doesn't need the VCV Sum module. The Vult stuff and most of the standard VCV stuff just works. But if you run into a situation where you're only hearing the first voice of many, then you probably need to bust out VCV Sum. This is what Andrew pointed out was happening with Host-FX, but then subsequently resolved last night.

Thanks
Eyeball exchanging

VCV Rack, the Eurorack simulator

Return to “Modular Synthesis”