VCV Rack V1 Released!

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Here’s what’s new in VCV Rack 1.0:

Polyphony. Use up to 16 voices with the full flexibility of modular patching. Cables automatically turn polyphonic when requested by MIDI modules, sequencers, etc.

MIDI output. Control MIDI hardware with Rack modules. New modules include CV-GATE for drum machines, CV-MIDI for desktop synths, and CV-CC for Eurorack interfaces.

MIDI mapping. Control knobs, buttons, and sliders directly from a MIDI controller. Using the new MIDI-MAP module, click a virtual parameter and move a hardware control to create a mapping.

Module Browser. Search, filter, and view modules in your collection. Click and drag to directly place modules in the rack.

Multi-core engine. Use multiple CPU threads to maximize the number of modules. Accelerated polyphonic engines on many VCV and third-party modules.

Dozens of other new features and fixes, including manual parameter entry, module disabling, module “force” dragging, module expanders, easy zoom gestures, and more.

Also I noticed this - Nice!

https://www.gearnews.com/erica-synths-p ... -vcv-rack/
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Won't run on Mac - seems a few people have this issue on the VCV Rack forum.

Damn , just installed 1.0 , it doesn't find all the third party plugins , or should I say can't be loaded
Martin lueders for example and lot's of other stuff
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I got an email from a dev who said that his plugins are on their way, and will actually be able to be loaded directly from the library update. I think there is a lot of converting to version 1 that still has to happen among individual devs.

Yeah probably , anyway it's great to see VCV finally reached version 1.0
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:42 pm Yeah probably , anyway it's great to see VCV finally reached version 1.0
This. I vaguely recall this being in beta the same time Beta cassette was a thing.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:54 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:42 pm Yeah probably , anyway it's great to see VCV finally reached version 1.0
This. I vaguely recall this being in beta the same time Beta cassette was a thing.
That was such a long time ago that you can't even remember the name right... :hihi:

Forgotten wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:56 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:54 pm
That was such a long time ago that you can't even remember the name right... :hihi:
Few beers dude
Betamax ;)

My dad swore by it and god forbid we ever brought a VHS into the house :shock:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Adding modules is a disaster. A giant window (that cannot be resized) with very tiny images and text (I can zoom the main interface but not here). Who thought this giant window was a good idea?

And those 'slots' in the background of the main interface make it all too busy.

Yes , the fake power connectors are indeed visually distracting
Eyeball exchanging

Rivanni wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:12 pm Adding modules is a disaster. A giant window (that cannot be resized) with very tiny images and text (I can zoom the main interface but not here). Who thought this giant window was a good idea?

And those 'slots' in the background of the main interface make it all too busy.

Have to completely agree with this. In regards to the plugins, it really shows how bad it is for selecting when there are a ton of similar looking modules...Vult comes to mind immediately. It would be wonderful if there was a way to do either the images or the older style of text for choosing.

The power connectors, not loving them and really, they serve no function in Rack so why are they there. They are sort of the equivalent of putting wood paneling on a virtual synth. :hihi: I'm guessing it can be changed by modifying some .svg file so I'm not too worried about that.

Those two things aside, I'm loving the update so far.

I personally love the new module browser. Before I had to trial and error to find the right modules that did the job I was looking for. Now I'm just waiting for my most used modules to be updated.

You can install 0.6.2 and 1.0 side by side. You just install to program files/vcv/rack-v1 on win and on mac you just rename the app to rack-v1 and move it to applications.

for v1.0, it will create a plugins-v1 folder in the same place like the old one.

Only thing annoying is that 0.6.2 keeps asking to update to 1.0
There's suppose to be a solution to this but it doesn't work for me. (in settings.json, set checkVersion to false).
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Mac issues are fixed - Mac version was quickly patched, so I have it working now

Return to “Modular Synthesis”