vcv and voltage differences?

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:43 pm that's a diy copy
Hence my assumption it was an open source version.

Let me phrase it this way, are these purchased directly from Mutable? In any event, I would prefer the white one.

Also the fact it’s running the Parasites system lead me to believe it’s not genuine MI.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

no, i think you are correct.
they are open source kits.

that may be using the magpie plate though, looks more similar than the usual ones ive seen.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:44 pm

Let me phrase it this way, are these purchased directly from Mutable? In any event, I would prefer the white one.

Also the fact it’s running the Parasites system lead me to believe it’s not genuine MI.
Okay, like I said, its complicated.

Original MI Clouds faceplate = white. But some original MI Clouds may have other faceplates.
Also, Parasites isnt an alternative version of the Clouds firmware, its an alternate firmware, if you see what I mean. And since Parasites will run on a genuine MI Clouds, a second-hand genuine Clouds could be running it.

Non-MI Clouds will definitely have other faceplates. And they're as likely to run the original Clouds firmware as an original Clouds is. ( Though they could equally be running Parasites. But if you wanted to change it back, the official MI firmware would work)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Oh yeah, and the Greyscale Clouds kit comes with a grey-white panel.

<sorry>
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

i might just leave it...

:lol:

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:01 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:44 pm

Okay, like I said, its complicated.

Original MI Clouds faceplate = white. But some original MI Clouds may have other faceplates.
Also, Parasites isnt an alternative version of the Clouds firmware, its an alternate firmware, if you see what I mean. And since Parasites will run on a genuine MI Clouds, a second-hand genuine Clouds could be running it.

Non-MI Clouds will definitely have other faceplates. And they're as likely to run the original Clouds firmware as an original Clouds is. ( Though they could equally be running Parasites. But if you wanted to change it back, the official MI firmware would work)
Very clear, thanks. I was pulling my hair out trying to understand it all.

if its mi it will say so on the faceplate.

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:17 pm if its mi it will say so on the faceplate.
Which brings my around to my initial comment that I’m only after the white face version. Purely for superficial and cosmetic reasons it must be said, although it does support Emile also.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:24 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:17 pm if its mi it will say so on the faceplate.
Which brings my around to my initial comment that I’m only after the white face version. Purely for superficial and cosmetic reasons it must be said, although it does support Emile also.
that's why i want to wait, to support her and kind of say "thanks" for putting stuff up for the charity auction here :)
its why ive held off grabbing a second hand one.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”