Two Minutes of Reaktor Weirdness on YouTube - new video: M_RK_V a sequencer based on Markov-chains

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've posted sometime ago three first videos in a - I hope - series of a short Reaktor videos showcasing some of the thousands ensembles in the User Library :). Hope to make a few more. Really interested in your comments about it - anything you would change in the next videos? Should I make videos about the paid ones too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3fbvjW ... wP&index=1

http://bit.ly/sonochristof_TMORW :phones:
Last edited by PALU on Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 7 times in total.

I like this a lot - slick presentation, straight to the point and focusing on the sound/features with no voiceover distraction. I'm not using Reaktor (yet) but would definitely use videos like this as a resource if/when I do.

Great video! Nice to see something presented without extra fluff that makes it ten or twenty minutes long. Cool ensemble too, hasn’t heard of it.

Saw these the other day, but forgot to comment. Great stuff! Look forward to more in the same style :tu:

Hey, thanks for all these positive comments ;) I'm in the process of making new videos - finding new ensembles.

The plan was to make short informative videos - that are not "reviews" or full of talking with my thick accent :D. I'm very happy to see that it's exactly what you like guys :).

like it! so many to discover, a little guidance is very welcome. great video, PALU!

Thanks WasteLand! :)

Just a matter of personal taste, but I’d prefer a voiceover. I don’t like reading text when it distracts me from following where the cursor is moving and what parameters are being modified.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:41 am Just a matter of personal taste, but I’d prefer a voiceover. I don’t like reading text when it distracts me from following where the cursor is moving and what parameters are being modified.
I thought about it, but in such short videos I think the sound of the ensemble should take a precedence. But I know there are viewers that find that annoying :). Thanks for taking time to watch it and comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIzjyEb ... wP&index=1

New video - this time it's SOURCE the drum voice with many synthesis engines and two x/y pad controlled FX engines.

Beautiful production and a useful scope. A fine contribution to the community!

imrae wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 7:42 am Beautiful production and a useful scope. A fine contribution to the community!
Thank you. I'm curious what is more interesting for people - the weird glitch ensembles or the more mainstream ones. I guess the stats will show in few months ;).

For sure the more esoteric ensembles take much more time to get into and I really try to provide accurate info even when the author of the ensemble gives almost no info at all. But it's always fun - I have to learn basics of sometimes very complicated stuff :).

These are great! I subscribed when this thread first started, and I was happy to see new videos pop up on my feed. It's nice to see a video series focused on exploring a massive, established, free Library instead of shallow runthroughs of expensive hype gear.

thelizard wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:22 pm These are great! I subscribed when this thread first started, and I was happy to see new videos pop up on my feed. It's nice to see a video series focused on exploring a massive, established, free Library instead of shallow runthroughs of expensive hype gear.

Next video in the series - this time very distinctive sounding additive FM synth called Atmorph:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69QAr8w ... 5MqYLa-FwP

Reminds me of OPL2 sounds and I think it will be a great contrast for more "analog" sounding synths...

Return to “Modular Synthesis”